Chapter Five: Green As Envy

Start from the beginning

"I need to go, " Hermione checked her pocket watch and stood up, as soon she did, Draco did too. Hermione was always the first one to leave the table, so this wasn't unusual for them.

"Where are you going?" Pansy called out.

"Gonna be late for class." He walked hastily and out of the great hall. Theodore, Pansy and Blaise shared a puzzled look, he never once cared if he were late in class, but they just shrugged it off.

Hermione adjusted her bookbag on her shoulders, walking briskly when something grabbed her arm and flung her aside.

"Let go!" Hermione yelled instinctively.

Draco Malfoy had grabbed her by the arm, and now her back was against the wall.

"Shhhh, " he covered her mouth with his hand. "We need to talk."

"Why can't you be more polite?" She hissed and yanked her arm from Draco's grasp, he removed his hand away from her mouth.

"I can't be seen with you." He said in a sharp tone. They were standing on an empty hallway, no students in sight, except for the brunette and the blonde.

"As if I wanted to be seen with you, " Hermione mumbled to herself but Draco heard it anyway, It made him roll his eyes.

"Well, I'm glad you're here because we need to talk, " Hermione raised her chin as she composed herself. "Last night was a--" She couldn't find the right words that described what happened.

"Mistake, " Draco finished her sentence. "I'm glad that you think of it that way, because I do too,"

"Let's just forget that it ever happened....I mean it wasn't that bad" Hermione said with hesitation.

"It was just a kiss " Draco added, "It didn't mean a thing, "
But it did to Hermione, even if it was still a kiss it felt like she had lost her integrity, like a part of her self had been taken away and she couldn't forgive herself, it was also her fault, she should have said no but she just let him.

"The things we said probably weren't true, we were drunk, and out of our heads." She clarified. "I wouldn't even have kissed you if you haven't forced me to, "

"Oh, like you haven't kissed me back, " He pouted, Merlin, he sounded so naive. Draco had many sides, but the childish one was often noticed.

"I'm serious, " she glared. "It's probably best not to tell anyone about it, and I mean everyone."

"I'm not stupid, Granger, " Draco said in annoyance, he checked the hallway, left to right, for oncoming students to walk but it seemed that no one was out yet. "So we agree? Let's forget what happened last night, and go back to the way it was before."

Hermione nodded her head, agreeing.

"Let's go back to throwing insults and hating on each other," Draco declared.

"Absolutely, I will forever hate you, Draco Malfoy" Hermione proclaimed, instead of being serious, he tried to hide a smile on his mouth. Soon,
there was awkwardness hanging between them when they realized how inches close they were.

"So, err, should we shake hands?" Hermione asked, awkwardly.

He stepped back as he hesitated for a moment and then shooked it. "Deal."

And with that, they parted the ways.

The day went on as normal, Hermione always raised her hand and answered all of the professor's questions, she passed her homework on time and she was never late to every single class.
Draco had a productive day too, but his day was ruined by Pansy Parkinson who was clinging on him all day and couldn't stop gossiping about other girls, her mouth won't shut and her annoying voice pierced his ears.