"Wait, I was the last!" She defended.

"No, I was. We were at Jenna's party and I was with Lexi and she made a mess in Jenna's room, remember? Had to clean the mess up before Jenna got there," I recalled. Kayla narrowed her eyes at me, trying to remember the last party we've been into.

Her eyes widened, remembering it now. "Dang, you're right."

"I love you guys! Thanks for always taking care of me when I'm drunk," Lexi said.

Kayla and I hugged her and told her that we'll always take care of her and love her. She always takes care of us when we're sick, so it's a win-win for us.

The bell rang and it was time for the next subject. Walking through the hallway on my way to the class, I recognized a few familiar faces.

I've started going here in Rosewood since 7th grade along with my best friend. Kayla and Lexi started dating around Sophomore year and they've been together since.

Sitting in the middle of the class, I heard people squirming in their seats as the sound of high heels clicking on the floor came across the room. Looking up, I saw the queen bee of our school.

Lucy Halliwell.

She's your typical mean girl that everyone's afraid of.

Unlike me, I'm not even scared of her. Not even close, not even a little bit... Not even at all.

Chuckling to myself as I made that reference from a movie that I love so much. All pairs of eyes were drawn to her while my eyes were busy trailing each letter that I was writing on my notebook.

A pair of pale long legs came into view at the corner of my eyes. "Move."

"B-but I w-was here first," Maycee protested.

"You don't want me to say it again, do you?" She raised her eyebrow.

Maycee gathered her things and took the seat in front. With a victorious smirk, Lucy placed her bag on the table beside my seat and sat down. I can smell her coconut scent from here, and it was good.

Our teacher passed us the worksheets by giving all the sheets to the person who's sitting in the front row, making them pass it to the person beside them. When the papers got to me, I took one and handed it to Lucy. And instead of getting it all, she got one for herself.

I was about to open my mouth but she spoke, "Pass it to the person behind me, would you?"

I rolled my eyes and did what she asked.

She's unbelievable.

I watched her from the corner of my eyes as she scribbled down her name on the paper. Her freshly manicured nails tapping the table, bored expression written on her face.

She's called the queen bee for a reason. She is gorgeous. Her brown hair fell perfectly below her shoulders, though I could see some dirty blonde on her roots. She obviously dyed her hair. Her plump lips were painted by red lipstick, the light make up suited her.

"Have your parents ever told you that it's rude to stare?" She suddenly spoke.

I snapped out, feeling a bit embarrassed. A blush made its way through my cheeks.

"Who said anything about staring? I was-"

"Blown away by my beauty, I know," she smirked.

My mouth hung open. I couldn't believe the nerve of this chick. "No. Hell no. I was checking the art," I pointed to the abstract painting on the wall.