2.4

Nearly a week later Sora got a call. She was at work, it was 2 am, and she was stabbing her way through a pixelated army when her phone went off distracting her. She sighed, throwing the computer mouse off to the side.

"Yes?"

"They got the appointment, we're going to speak to a specialist soon."

"Oh?" Sora sat up straight. "When?"

"They said it should take at most, three days for us to get in." Sora nodded, then realized he couldn't see her.

"Ok, that's good."

"I have to go now, work calls, see you later?"

"Of course."

"Love you."

"Love you too." The click on the other end of the line didn't register with Sora. She felt the same way every time, it never got old. 'He loves me.' She smiled.

When they finally met for their appointment, Sora laced their fingers together. She felt safe with him, knowing that no matter what he'd be there if she needed him. He squeezed her hand tightly.

"It'll be ok," he whispered.

"Ok." She believed him. She always would. They were called in. Sora's heart beat faster. She was scared. The doctor asked questions about their soulmate bond, how they met. Yeosang answered them all. Sora tried to keep her tears in.

The doctor turned to her. "How do you feel?" She started crying. Sora didn't know why.

"Shhh." Yeosang pulled her into a hug. "It's going to be ok, I've got you." Sora wiped her tears, then told the doctor everything about her family's history. He nodded.

"Yeosang, will you step outside please?" He nodded, squeezing Sora's hand one last time, then leaving. The doctor sighed. "It's very rare to have a family were soulmates continue to break apart, but it's not impossible. Your soulmate bond is a special one, especially coming from a family line that is so fragile. I think if you complete the bond, you won't have any more trouble, however he completion of this bond is very dangerous."

"Dangerous?"

"The type of bond you have is mental. If you try to complete the bond without full consent of either, hesitate in any way, it will break you. But once fully bonded, you will have no trouble anymore. I fear that with your family line, you may have trouble completing the bond, I advise that you wait a bit longer. But when you are ready, make another appointment. It's best that you do it supervised. You may go."

Sora got up, not fully understanding what he meant. She went to find Yeosang, grabbing his hand as soon as she did so, tucking herself into his side. "Let's go," she whispered. He nodded. When they got to Sora's house, Yeosang didn't question her, he just led her to the front door, kissed her on the forehead, and told her to call him when she was ready.

Sora nodded and went up to her room. 'It's dangerous to complete the soulmate bond. Why am I destined for hardship?'

 Why am I destined for hardship?'

No thoughts, head empty. How y'all feeling? Is it too fast paced, too slow?

I'm going to take a slight break on this book and try to focus on The Rose Hotline as it's set to be longer. Don't worry, the longest I'll wait to update Susurrus is a week.

Until next time!