The Bitter Taste of Sky

Start from the beginning

"And one more," itinaas niya ang kanyang hintuturo.

"Engr. Wright's invention can't track that position. His satellite is for Earth only. We can't easily make a new one since Engineer Wright and Commander Mitts are on vacation."

"I think we just need to wait. That's the most efficient thing to do."

"WE CAN'T WAIT!" I yelled. My heart is aching, how can they wait? My Peter is on danger since ten years ago. How could they? A single tear escaped from my eyes. I waited for him, I waited for this chance, for this to happen! But what are they doing now? THEY ARE WASTING THIS CHANCE THAT I DON'T WANNA MISS AND I WAITED AND I LONGED FOR!

"Sinakripisyo niya ang buhay niya para sa atin, para sa mundo. Pwede ba? P-Pwede bang ngayon, magsakprisiyo naman kayo p-para sa kanya?" My voice cracked. My tears are endlessly flowing on my cheeks. Alam kong hindi nila ako naiintindihan at halatang nalilito sila sa mga sinasabi ko. Halata ito sa pagkunot ng kanilang mga noo pero wala akong pakialam. Commander Jensen immediately translated what I've said before and I know that they got it.

"We can't easily decide Ma'am, since our decision can affect the whole planet," the other one replied.

I just fell to the ground. The last thing I knew, I was in the clinic section of the building. Hindi naman ako ganito dati. Hindi pa ako hinihimatay mula pagkabata, but look what you've made me do Pedro. You're really impossible.

"B-Bakit ako nandito? B-Bakit? A-Anong nangyari? Did Peter came b-back already?" I uttered, my tears are flowing again. "WHERE'S PETER??!!!" I yelled. And out of the blue, I fell asleep again.

"I love you, I really do Behati..."

"Peter.."

"I love you, let the sky cross our paths again."

"P-Peter.." I can feel tears on my eyes.

"I want to lay you down on a bed of roses
For tonight I sleep on a bed of nails
I want to be just as close as the Holy Ghost is
And lay you down on a bed of roses."

I can remember his cold and beautiful voice.

"And lay you down on a bed of ro---"

"Peter!"

"And lay you down on a bed of---"

"Peter! Don't leave me please." I mourned.

"And lay you down.."

"Peter.." I cried as I said his name. He and the lyrics are slowly fading on my mind.

I jumped out of the bed with heart shattered into pieces. It's was just a dream. "M-Ma'am are you okay?" rinig kong saad ng isang nurse sa gilid ko. "I'm.. I am ok," balisa kong sagot at bumangon. "Where's Peter?" I said, tears are now again forming to my eyes. I miss him. I badly need him right now.

"Someone phoned you Ma'am. I didn't tried to wake you up," sabi niya at binigay sa'kin ang cellphone ko. I grabbed my phone and immediately opened the logs. It's Chairman.

"I need to go." Bumangon ako at naglakad palabas. As I walk through the exit I received a phone call. 'Chairman', the phone displayed. "H-Hello, Sir?" I started the conversation. "See me to the main section of the building, you have to see something that will give you more hope," sambit niya sa kabilang linya. Sumunod naman agad ako.

• • •

Nandito na ako sa main section, magkahalong kaba at saya ang nararamdaman ko. Dinala niya ako sa isang sulok kung saan glass windows ang nakapalibot.