Inko!

Without a second thought, I ran into the room, as the door was already torn down.

I found her cornered by two zombies, ready to dive in and tear her flesh apart.

Oh hell no!

I ran up to the scene, digging my fingers into the back of one zombies neck as I sank my teeth into the other zombies neck.

Within a few seconds, they were on the ground, forever lifeless, and Inko sat there in pure fear and shock of my heroic deed.

Spitting out the muscle and rotten flesh to the side, I let out a cheer. I also did a victory dance and turned my back to Inko.

Cuz I was a badass, so I deserved it.

"Nobody messes with Mama In-"

Pow!

Next thing I knew, I was on my knees, holding the back of my head in pain.

Just an inch lower, and I was a goner.

"S-shoo! Get out of my house, you rotten zombie thing!" Inko stammered, the pan in her hands was trembling with fear.

I laid my body down, to show I wasn't going anywhere.

"Inko, it's me, (Y/n)!" I cried out, not daring to look back at her.

"Stop with your moaning, before I. . . I'll kick you!"

Oh crap, my jaw was still dislocated.

With the butt of my hand, I snapped my jaw into place with a loud pop!

Why it did not hurt, but a frying pan did, I'll never know.

"It's me, (Y/n)!" I managed to speak as clearly as possible.

The sound of a pot falling echoed across the barren apartment.

Inko helped me to my feet, I was taller than her by a whole head.

She covered her mouth in shock, tears forming in her eyes.

"Oh my god, it's really you, (Y/n)!" She tackled me into a hug.

That would've been a bad idea if I liked human flesh.

"Yup, back at it again with the hero stuff." I weakly chuckled, hugging the shorter woman back.

Inko suddenly backed away, confusion in her eyes.

"Why are you not like. . "

She gestured to the dead zombies on the floor.

". . . Them?"

My hand found it's way to the back of my neck, rubbing it protectively.

"Dunno, but me being me, something like this was bound to happen. Instead of eating human, I eat other zombies, so don't worry about me eating you or anything." I held a thumbs up.