Two.

AN : Thank you all so much for the amazin comments on the first chapter. You literally have no idea how happy it made me and I really hope you like this second chaper! Love you guys xx

I pushed the heavy door of the ‘Brooklyn Social’ and looked around the place for a tall and messy-haired boy; my heart started to pound in my chest as I suddenly thought about the possibility of him not being here. He obviously was a really attractive man, and it wouldn’t surprise me if I learned that he didn’t actually want anything to do with me, despite the bound that irrevocably linked us together.

It was now 12:05 and I had trouble breathing as I stood alone and completely lost in the middle of the bar; I felt stupid for thinking that he’d want to see me again. Tears started to appear in my eyes and I felt more humiliated that I’d ever been in my life. I wiped my sleeve under my eyes and turned around before quickly making my way to the front door, my gaze on the floor as shame made my cheeks turn red.

I harshly pushed the door and stepped outside, ready to start running and take my anger out on something when two arms engulfed me in a warm hug. It took me a second to realize what was happening and I then placed my hands on the stranger’s chest and pushed with all my strength as fury started to blind my vision.

“Hey, hey, it’s me, what’s going on?” the melodic voice that’s been haunting my mind since our first encounter in that same pub said with a worried tone.

“What? It’s you?” I asked, a heavy sigh leaving my lips as I studied his face for a second before wrapping my arms around his torso and pressing my cheek against his chest.

“Of course, it’s me! Why are you crying, baby?” he murmured, his lips placing small kisses in my hair and I felt my heart skip a beat before exploding into the most beautiful fireworks I’ve ever experienced before.

“It’s nothing” I answered, biting my lips to suppress the ridiculous grin that was about to appear on my face.

“No, tell me” he demanded as he placed a finger under my chin and forced me to look into his eyes. I immediately got lost in them; it seemed like they were even more beautiful than the first time I’d seen them and I forgot what I was about to say.

Ashton’s pov :

Her brown gaze solidly held mine as I waited for her to answer me. The depth of her eyes made my legs shake and my heart go numb; they held so many emotions, I wanted to be able to read them all; and I swore to myself I’d get to know her so well I would be able to tell exactly how she felt with just one look into her wide eyes. The fact that they were circled by a little red mark made my whole body ache and I wanted nothing more than to protect her from anything that could ever hurt her.

“I just thought you weren’t coming” she eventually confessed and my lips fell apart as her words reached my ears. I knew I was a bit late but I never thought for a slight second that she’d ever think that I wasn’t going to show up.

“I’m so sorry, I know I’m not really punctual but please don’t ever worry about me not showing up in the future!” I smiled at her and she held me tighter, her small arms still around my back. I hated that I made her cry already; and I still didn’t really get why she thought that I would stand her up; we were soul mates; of course I was going to be here.

“What do you say we get inside and get something to eat? I think I just felt your stomach rumble… Or maybe it was mine, not really sure” I chuckled and a clear and melodious laugh was heard as she pulled away from my chest and slapped my arm.

“It was definitely yours” she protested and I could only smile at how adorably beautiful she was.

We sat at a random table and ordered some food; she took pesto pasta and I made a mental note, just in case I ever had to cook for her, which I secretly hoped I would be doing soon.

“You know I’ve been doing some thinking yesterday and I thought… You know a bit about me, you know that I’m in a band and stuffs, but I really don’t know anything about you, except that your name is Katy and that your parents must be some extremely good looking people” I said as we waited for the waiter to come back with our orders. She blushed and looked down at her hands as a shy smile appeared on her beautiful face.

“There’s not much to know really; I’m 18, I started college a few weeks ago, I chose English Literature… Huh; I have a big brother, he’s 21 and that’s pretty much it” she rambled and I smiled at how random yet fascinating she was being.

“Alright, now they are the things you’d tell a stranger, which technically I am, but I’m supposed to become a bit more than that” I encouraged and she smiled at me before cocking an eyebrow at me.

“I like to write” she confessed and something in the way her eyes started to shine made me think it was a more important information than any she’d given me so far.

“I write a lot, about everything. It’s my getaway I guess; not that I have a sad life or anything, but I just feel like… I don’t know; I feel like I’m really living my life when I’m writing. I just either grab a notebook and a pen or open my laptop and I just type a sentence and basically go on from here. It can last for hours. It can be something really meaningful, where my feelings are showing and I write things I’d never dare to say; but it can also be something totally random that barely makes sense. I guess I just need to write, even when I don’t have anything to say” she chuckled and I was hanging on her every word.

She was so passionate about it; it was a magical thing to see. She probably didn’t even realize it but she stopped being shy and she wasn’t holding back anymore and it was obvious she loved it more than anything in the world. I could relate to that; she’d just put into words the way I felt about music.

“You’re beautiful” I let out and mentally slapped myself for that because that’s probably not what she expected me to say.

“Thank you” she answered as a light shade of red rose on the top of her cheekbones; she was back to being a little shy and I loved that, too.

We ate our dishes while sharing the same kind of information. It was lovely and carefree; we laughed a lot; we even ended up stealing some food out of each other’s plate just because both my burger and her pasta were good.

“Oh my god, I’m full” she suddenly laughed as she sank into her chair and placed both her hands on her stomach. I stretched my arm and poked her side; she immediately got away from my touch as another melodious laugh left her lips.

“Don’t do that, I’m going to throw up” he complained and I laughed before asking the waitress for the bill.

“A confession, now” I said as she’d just closed her eyes, her head thrown back on the top of the seat.

“What?” she asked, confused as she stood straight and looked at me intently. I could easily drown into those brown eyes of her if I didn’t remind myself to breathe each time she looked at me.

“Tell me something only a few people know about you.” I reiterated and her lips parted slightly as she seemed to be thinking for a minute. Her expression changed and I knew she’d found something but didn’t know whether she could say it or not. I decided to let her take the decision and she opened her mouth a few seconds later.

“I never really believed in the whole soul mate thing” she said and it’s like the world had suddenly stopped around us. My breath hitched in my throat as she watched my reaction; her words played in my mind for the second time and I tried to understand what they meant, analyzing each syllable, searching for a hint.

“Past tense? Does that mean you believe in it now?” I asked, my mouth dry as hope started to rise in the back of my mind. She smiled at me and every muscle in my body seemed to relax.

“I’m considering the idea” she answered, as her hand started to slide toward mine on the table.

“You’ll probably have to convince me” she added as our skin touched and she gently laced our fingers together. A smirk appeared on my face and I ran my thumb over her tender skin as I watched a strand of her brown hair fall over her eyes. I got up, pulling on her hand so that she would follow me; I then placed my hands on her hips and she wrapped her fingers around my biceps as I leaned closer to her.

“I think I can do that” I answered before pressing my lips down on hers.