Thirty six.

Meeting Ashton's mother was one of the best things to happen to me in a while. She was the most welcoming lady I had ever met. She made me feel like I had been a part of her family for years; she laughed with me and Ashton, she hugged me again and again, took interest in what I was doing, asked about my life... She was the kind of person that you wanted in your life, and forever.

She had cooked one of my favorite dishes, pesto pasta and she hadn't seem to judge me when I refilled my plate and ate some more. She just smiled and winked at me. Lauren and Harry were also here and they really seemed to like me, too. Especially Harry, who took a lot of pleasure into telling his brother he was a loser and I was much better than him, which made Ashton pout and the rest of us laugh.

Anne asked us several times if we wanted to stay the night, but I didn't bring any spare clothes so we all agreed that we would come back really soon to spend some more time with her, which made her smile.

We went back to my apartment pretty late and we were more relaxed than we had been in a while; laughing at everything, singing together each time a new song came on the radio. He drove and kept his hand in mine while I played with his fingers. We were both happy and smiling.

We both took a shower and then went to lie on my bed letting the lights on as we looked at the ceiling, probably thinking about the wonderful night we just had.

"You went swimming?" Ashton suddenly asked and I sat up to see him looking into the bathroom.

I followed his gaze and saw my swimsuit, drying out on the bath.

"Huh, yeah" I said before putting my head back onto the pillow.

He let out a sigh and I winced at how annoyed he sounded.

"You're gonna have to either start telling me the truth or learn how to lie a little better" he pointed out and I twisted my lips in discomfort before closing my eyes.

"I don't really feel like showering naked any more" I told him and he waited a few seconds before taking my hand in his.

"Is there anything I can do?" he sweetly asked and a knot appeared in my stomach.

"I think... I think I wanna move out" I told him and he brushed his thumb over my knuckles before bringing it to his mouth.

"I'll help you do that" he assured, being completely oblivious to what I really wanted.

"Thanks" I simply answered before turning my head to the side a little.

We stayed silent for a while, the room only filled with the sound of our breathings and I tried to calm down as I prepared myself for the big question.

"Would it be that much of a bad idea to consider moving in together?" I rapidly let out and everything fell silent around us as I bit down on my lips and waited for him to answer.

"You... You want to move in with me?" he asked as he moved on the bed to face me, but I didn't move my head toward him.

"I was thinking... I was thinking we could get our own place... Like, a new one, a different one" I rambled and his hand left mine.

"I... Huh... I honestly think that... I think that if we do that now, it's gonna be all for the bad reasons... It's gonna be rushed, and I don't want that" he explained and I tried not to let his words get to me as I closed my eyes tighter and nodded.

"Yeah, I understand" I said with a smile. "I just don't feel comfortable here any more... I'll start searching for something" I added, hoping that we could drop the subject soon enough.

"I just... We have to do it all again, Katy, and I really can't rush this" he replied.

"I know, I know, don't worry" I said as I turned to him and gave him my best smile. "Can I ask you something?" I asked as he opened his eyes into mine. He nodded and I took a deep breath before opening my mouth again. "Are you... Are you happy we can't have sex right now?"