"I'm not even thinking about that; I miss him." I grab a pillow and cuddle into it.

"I'm sick of this shit Gabrielle!" She throws a pillow at me "Call him first, you didn't answer the first few times he called. Don't ask for a break if you can't take it!"

The phone starts ringing and I grab it quickly, giving her the middle finger. She shrugs and continues scrolling through tumblr.

"Hello.."
"Hi, you answered" Jaden sounds breathless, "Yeah" I murmur

"Can I see you tonight?" I bite my lip, holding the phone up with my cheek and shoulder. Yes! I want to see him, but I have to make it seem like I've been fine without him. For now.. "You wanna talk?" I try for nonchalant, acting like I haven't been sobbing and making half assed attempts to call him, but never go through with it.

There is a long pause "yes, we need to talk. I want to see you" he murmurs. He sounds different like, serene and his voice is dragging in a sexy way.

"Um, what about tomorrow? Sammie is going through this thing with Jahlil..."
I trail off "She needs me" I lie. He groans into the phone. "I need you too" he whispers "Jaden" I gasp. I wanna see him! I can't stand it any longer. Then it hits me "you just want to fuck" I say dryly but I can tell that he doesn't find that funny. "How could you say that?" his voice is low and husky. Sexy..

I can't portray to be this 'strong women that doesn't need a man' any longer. I can't keep pulling away, because he'll eventually give up on me..

I stay silent and he speaks up again "why does it seem like you're telling me goodbye?"

"I'm not. Jaden, I'm not going anywhere. I'll see you tomorrow, your place, say 7"

"Okay, baby. 7 o'clock, I'll hold you to that"

"Okay" I whisper and it's silent for a little "I got a new job" I decide to tell him. "Thats great baby, where?" I grab onto the counter. His voice is making me so weak "you know, I don't even know" I laugh "my mom just hit me with this bomb; I guess she'll text it to me later"

It's quiet for a bit, is he like falling asleep on me? "Jaden? I'll see you tomorrow okay?"
"Okay" he says, we both stay on the line.

"Hang up" he murmurs and I know he's grinning "I don't want to" I bite my lip.
"Come see me" he says, his voice low. "Tomorrow." I whisper and hang up

Sammie pipes up "So.. Me and Jahlil are having problems?"
~

"Gabrielle, this is Ms. Schmitz, your supervisor. She'll be showing you around this first week while you're getting to know the place." I shake her hand and she smiles politely. "Please, call me-" She turns her head and listens into her earpiece. "Okay, sure. Yes, your next meeting is at 10:30" I check my watch absentmindedly; it's 10:10. "I'll be right up."

She turns back to me, "I have to introduce you to someone, you'll be sorting their files and tending to their needs for the next couple of weeks." I make a face and she giggles. The ride up in the elevator is awkward, but the music fills the silence. As we walk down the hall passed a receptionist desk

I stop at the door looking at a painting distracted.. A pyramid, how apt. I hear Ms. Schmitz having a conversation with someone "You look in a good mood today" the person replies but I can't hear them "that's good, anyways.. this is our newest intern.. Ga-"
"Sweetie.." She broadcasts her voice. I guess she notices that I wasn't behind her.

I hear a groan as I start to walk down the entry way to a huge office, I presume. "I don't have time for this shit" oh, shit. I bite my lip, knowing exactly who that voice belongs to. When I turn the corner his jaw is clenched and his mouth is all delicious looking. "Well, I think you should meet her, considering you'll be working pretty close together."