Chapter 4 - Conversation

~Alex's P.O.V

As expected, the class ended peacefully. For the first time. Yeah, I know, I wasn't there to witness it but I was actually watching from our school's terrace.

Curious how I did it? Well, I have powers. Just kidding, I used binoculars.

I'm currently on my way down to go ask my brother, David, with what happened on the class. To ask him too what does he think about her. About our teacher. About Cindy.. or should I say Cinderella? About my ex... girlfriend.

Just one more step and I'll be at our school's second floor but, my world stopped when I saw her. Cinderella. She stopped walking too. Our gazes were locked. 

I really feel stupid for letting her out of my sight. How I've missed her so much.

She stared at me. Ah, her stares never fails to melt me inside. She was the only girl who had this kind of effect on me. Just her. Only her. And will always be her.

"Ah, Mr.McClain... are you headed towards the cafeteria?" She asked me. WHILE SMILING. God, how I missed that smile. How I missed having her lips on mine.

I smiled back at her. "Yes, Ms.Moore. I'm sorry for my attitude awhile ago, I was having a bad time. Don't worry, I won't do that again. I won't skip class again. This would be my first and last."

Her smile vanished. Huh... I wonder why?

I saw her mouth open but she ended up biting her lower lip. Stop that, Cinderella. Stop looking so seductive. You know what I'm capable of doing... 

Oh god. This is wrong. Why am I having thoughts like this? THIS. IS. WRONG.

"I see. I'm glad, then. I really hope this would be the last. Well, then, I should get going now. See you around, Mr.McClain." And with that, she rushed downstairs. 

I ruffled my hair before going downstairs too, to our school's cafeteria.

..

..

..

"Alex! Hey bro! Over here!" My brother, David, shouted while waving at me.

I waved back then walked towards him and our friends. Yeah, he had company. 

"Dude, what's with that face? You having a bad day or what?" Seth, which was one of our friends, asked me while patting my shoulders.

I shook my head. "Yeah, I guess so..."

"Hey guys, whatcha think about our new teacher? Doesn't she look really hot to you? Despite of her boring clothes and boring eyeglass?" Jason said while looking at our eyes directly one by one. Heh, what's up with him?

And what's up with what he said? He shouldn't say those kind of things. He's talking about our teacher. Whether she's hot or not. Doesn't that seems wrong?

I glared at him. "She's a teacher for god's sake, don't write her up to your WHORE list. She's definitely not that type of girl that would make out with you, anyway." All of the people sitting around our table turned their gazes at me with weird faces. 

"What?" I asked them, annoyed.

David chuckled. "Looks like my little baby bro is in loveeeeeeeeeeee~" 

They all laughed. Pfffft, I don't really care whether they laugh about me being in love with our--- Wait. Wait. WAIT. I am not in love with her. I am over with her! 

Or maybe not.

Who knows? 

But I do want her back. Does that mean I'm not over her yet? Blah.

I stood up and went to my brother. "Hey bro, I want to speak with you. Private."

David glanced at our friends first before he looked at me. "Yeah, sure." He responded.

..

..

..

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" David asked me as soon as we got outside of our school's cafeteria.

I faced him. "Do you remember my last girlfriend? Cinderella?" I asked, hoping that he would know who I'm talking about.

He sighed. "Of course I know her. She's the reason why you suddenly wanted to become an assassin, right?"

I gawked at him. "She is?"

David raised his right eyebrow. "She isn't? I thought you wanted to become an assassin because you got broken hearted? Because she dumped you? And you couldn't forget her so yeah, you decided up to go to this school."

I made an 'O' face. "Ah, yeah, yeah. Do you still remember what she looks like?"

"Of course. Heck, I mean, she's really beautiful. No man who sees her can never forget what she looks like. But hey, don't worry, I don't like her. I just find her beautiful. Which is really rare for me." David replied while smirking.

If David wasn't my brother I swear I could have torn his body into pieces but eventually, he is my brother so I have no choice but to keep quiet with what he said. -_-

"Imagine our teacher, Ms.Cindy, having long brown hair and no eyeglasses." I asked him. 

How I hope he sees the features Cinderella to Ms.Cindy, Oh how I do hope. 

My brother's eyes widened. "OH MY GOD" He mouthed for like 3 times.

"She... she... she.... she.... she can't be, right? I mean, she's... UNDERAGE BY NOW! This school never accepts underaged teachers. Specially that Cinderella isn't skilled enough. She can't be a teacher here. No, maybe that's her twin! Yeah, her twin..." 

I snapped. "Her twin? Are you crazy, David? Before we got together, I let you investigate about her. I asked you to check her background. She's an only child!" I shouted.

David shooks his head lots of times then he sighed. "But, how? How can she be here? There's something wrong. I swear, it's not an instinct, I know there's really something wrong."

~Cinderella's P.O.V

"Yeah, I'm good so far. And this week has been good so far too." I responded. I was currently talking to Kristy, which is my only girl bestfriend, through a phone. 

"I'm glad, then. So how is your mhm-mhm going?" Kristy asked me. 

Well, yeah, the mhm-mhm means about my plan. About my mission. Aside from Bryan and the other students of my father, Kristy knows about it too. Yeah, I trust her. Even though I have never met her before. 

"Not good. My ex boyfriend and my ex boyfriend's brother is one of my students. I'm so screwed up. What do I do, Kristy? What if I get busted?" I asked her while whimpering.

She sighed. "I don't know, Cindy but, all I know is that if you ever get busted, I know you'll be smart enough to know how to get away with this. With everything. You're really smart, Cindy. I hope you know that."

My face suddenly lit up. "Thanks, Kristy. I'm really thankful you're here. That you're my friend. I really am. How I wish I know how you look like."

"Wait, why don't we meet up? I mean, you're free now, right? No more guards. I mean, right now you're just... y'know..." 

I bit my lip and thought of a reply. "Well, I'll try. I mean, yeah, and I'm guard-free already but what if someone that I know sees me on the street? I would seriously be dead to Bryan."

She chuckled. "Oh, alright. But, please do try. I really want to meet you too. Anyway, I got to go. Dad's still making me prepare my brother's room because he'll be home soon here to visit us. I love you, Cindy. Take care always! Hugs, kisses." then she hanged up. 

How I love conversations like this with her. She's probably the first reason right now why I smile. She just makes me happy. Without noticing it, I was already crying.

I suddenly thought of my mom and dad. Dad's still unconcious and Mom is still nowhere to be found. I feel so useless. I feel betrayed. I feel.. like... nothing... 

I hope I'll find Mom soon. Please. Soon.