Realize | Joshifer One Shot

Realize

☆★☆★☆★☆

I barely had a second to shout Peeta's name before he slices the force field.

"Peeta!" I shout, shaking Josh to wake him up. This is one of the many acting techniques. When one character is dying, you should think that he's really dying. So I did.

I start to imagine life without him. And tears started to fall like water falls. I don't even think I can live without him. Without Josh, I couldn't survive this life.

Sam pushes me out of the way, and I raise my bow, which was part of the scene. I watch him do CPR on Josh, so that his heart starts working again.

"Please wake up" I say, sobbing. There's nothing I can do but watch and cry. And it hurts to be like that, feeling completely useless, while you watch your bestfriend die.

Please...

I imagine how I wouldn't see him again, how I can't touch him, or hear his voice ever. I think about his face,  his beautiful face, his laugh. The way he walks and talks. Everything about him. Everything.

I can see where when the time comes, I wouldn't be able to move on. How I couldn't even force a smile on my face, or laugh. He's the only one who can do that to me. The one who can make me laugh my heart out until I can't breathe.

Soon, he takes a big gulp of air, then his eyes open. I immediately run to him, throwing myself at him even. I soak his shirt to tears, and he gently squeeze my hands.

"I'm okay now." he says, and I kiss him, a slobbery one. Which I would think he wouldn't let go of ever. And that he would talk of every single time. It was just a short kiss, but it felt like forever.

"Do you want to stand up?" I say, still having the hiccups. I stroke his hair, and he nods. I help him stand up, then gives him a bone crushing hug. He winces in pain, but I don't care. I just want to touch him again.

"I wasn't really dead." I hear him whisper. I wanted to whisper 'What if you were?' But I can't find my voice.

I see Sam giving us a confused look. He eventually shakes his head and moves on.

This was the time that Finnick realizes that everything happening between Peeta and Katniss isn't all pretend anymore.

And this was the time  I realize that I have loved Josh all this time. More than as friends.

☆★☆★☆★☆

Second One Shot!

Hope you like it! :)

"After your first Games, I thought the whole romance was an act on your part. We all expected you’d continue that strategy. But it wasn’t until Peeta hit the force field and nearly died that I —” Finnick hesitates

“That you what?” "That I knew I’d misjudged you. That you do love him. I’m not saying in what way. Maybe you don’t know yourself. But anyone paying attention could see how much you care about him," he says gently. | Mockingjay, Chapter 11 Finnick Odair to Katniss Everdeen.

everlarktribute