Chapter 7

Candice has been waiting for that moment. The moment he asks her out. She couldn't tell him she likes him. She was too scared to. Instead, she's waiting for him to make the first move.

Grant was beaming when he entered the studio the next day. Everyone was curious as to why this was. Could this be it? Is Grant finally going to ask me out? Candice thought, feeling confident. She couldn't be more wrong. Hey man, what's going on? Why you're so perky today? Carlos asked. Well... I'm seeing someone. I have a new girlfriend. Grant announced. Candice felt crushed. She couldn't believe it. He found someone else already? Does he not like me back? Maybe he doesn't. Candice felt hurt, she could feel the tears coming but she held them back. On the inside she was weeping and wailing and crying.

Congrats man! Carlos gave him a bro hug. Yeah, congrats buddy. Tom gave him a friendly pat on the back before Danielle P hugged him. Everyone was overjoyed and happy for him, except for Candice. She just had to play it cool from now on.

What's her name? Danielle P asked. Her name's La Andrea Thoma, and she's amazing. Grant smiled. How did you guys meet? Carlos asked. My brother Tyler introduced us. Grant answered. As Grant told them about La, Candice just stood there with her arms crossed and pretending to listen. She didn't want to hear anymore, all she  wanted to do was leave. And that's exactly what she did.

She excused herself before turning and leaving the Star Labs cortex set.