Chapter 2 - Born Guilty

Start from the beginning

His father opened his mouth, looking as if he wanted to apologize, say anything, but he just smiled, simply running a hand through his brown curls before following after his wife.

The celebration was pleasant, although not very cheerful on his part.

His breakfast contained of salmon, rice and miso cooked by his dad and a cake was placed in front of him.

He blew out the candles, only for his mother to take it away to the fridge, telling him that it wasn't a decent thing to have so early in the morning and that he could wait.

And so he sat, eating the last of his breakfast as his parents rushed around, pressed for time.

He felt relief through consolation that his parents would both be working, and he would have the day free of disquietude and pressure to enjoy himself.

He watched as his father left first, offering a good-natured wave and a "see you this afternoon".

His mother left second. She sat at the door, placing her foot snugly into that of a black high heel. Her black straight hair pulled back over her head, straining into a tight bun.

"I hope you have a good day. Maybe call one of your friends over" she said, pulling on a coat. "Whats that boys name, the naive looking one...".

"Konoha" Akaashi supplied her.

"Invite Konoha around or something, I don't want you all lonely on a saturday now".

"Mhm" Akaashi hummed, the only thing he could possibly reply with as to not argue that they were the ones that had to work on his birthday, leaving him alone.

She stepped out the door with a nod.
"And Keiji" her pinched mouth gave away to a small smile. "Happy birthday".

And then she was gone out the door. The silence was static in his ears as he gathered his utensils and carried his dishes to the kitchen. It did feel perhaps a little too quiet.

Deciding that he would take his mothers advice, he pulled out his phone and called Konoha. It picked up after 3 rings.

"FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW. FOR HE'S A JOLLY-". Akaashi flinched, pulling the phone away from his ear with a grimace.

"Konoha shut up" he interrupted.

"-good fellowwwww" Konoha continued, in a whisper.

Akaashi sighed, shaking his head, even though his disappointment couldn't be seen by his overwhelming friend.

"Happy birthday! I'm assuming you're calling cause your momma is out and i'm in".

Akaashi couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Can you make it? The weather looks like its going to start snowing soon".

"I'm already walking, and let me tell you, this cold air is burning two times the calories I usually would. It's a blessing".

"I'll see you in 15 minutes then" Akaashi snorted.

"Rightio! Love you Keji!" a sound of smooching lips came across the phone.

"Bye" Akaashi rolled his eyes.