Chapter 3 - Write me Back

Bokuto was not having the best day, yet again it wasn't his worst day, it was merely confusing.

As he sat in his last class, his mind kept drifting back to earlier in the day. Kissing Kuroo, receiving the first reply from his soul mate in months, how his drink got stuck in the vending machine an hour ago.

God this pissed him off. Not the drink thing- well actually yes- but no, it was the fact that he had no idea what to write back.

The words still sat alone and deserted across the inside of his wrist, and he had yet to reciprocate. It should be easy, he should just reply yes.

However, it was hard to do so. Bokuto was afraid he was dreaming, and if he was, then he demanded his brain to rewind and take it from the top again. Because this wasn't what he had expected.

He awaited the black ink that would scrawl over the words like always, and yet it didn't. He predicted for the words to wash away and sink back into his skin never to be seen again, and yet they didn't.

They remained neat and swirly, looking as if it were painted rather than written, which would of made sense, with the previous paint splatters and all. Maybe his soul mate had had a sudden break through, a revelation.

It left Bokuto contemplating about whether it was now okay to finally write to his soul mate and maybe this one time he wouldn't be ignored, wouldn't be rejected.

He continued to think this as the bell rung and he packed his bag, ready to head off to his after school job he worked with Kuroo.

It was just a cafe, although very popular as a student hang out and therefore afternoon rushes often needed atleast three employes.

Hopefully it could get his mind off things for a while.

"Bo, there you are!" Kuroo called from behind him.

Bokuto was leaned against a pillar near the entrance to the school, waiting. Students gushed out, laughing and chattering, his friend among the last of the few strayers.

"We always meet here" Bokuto cocked an eyebrow, shifting his weight to stand as Kuroo approached.

"Look what I found in the vending machine" Kuroo lifted a soda and shook it in the air slightly.

"Total score" he grinned, stopping next to Bokuto.

"Hey, wait thats mine! I payed for that earlier" Bokuto frowned, grabbing for the drink.

Kuroo only held it higher in the air, brandishing the can while shaking it more.

"Don't do that, it'll explode when you open it!" Bokuto whined, trying a desperate attempt to grab the drink again, before giving up.

"Exactly, a delicious treat for our co-worker Daishou, don't ya think?" Kuroo winked, as they started to walk down the street.

Their work was only a block away, a students lucky dream.

"Oh yea, you're prolonged feud" Bokuto rolled his eyes, shoulders slumping.

He dragged his feet across the footpath, Kuroo watching with a concerned face.

"You doing okay, man?" Kuroo asked.

"Yea, I'm fine, how are you doing?" Bokuto shrugged.

"Well I-".

"Okay you got me" Bokuto groaned, throwing his hands in the air.
"I'm not fine, god you're good at this".

Kuroo blinked a few times.
"Wh- okay never mind, what's going on?" he shook his head, an exasperated smile on his face.