Part I: Hidden Desire

Slightly mature (steamy ;D) content later in chapter. Yee has been warned.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"And what do we have here?"

Regaining some of my wits, I was finally able to pry my heavy eyelids open. Above my comfy spot on the cold, hard floor, all I could see was the soaring ceiling above me adorned with intricate hell-like imagery with beautiful gold crown moulding that frame the delicate pieces of art. Albeit with great difficulty, I propped myself forward, resting on my elbows despite the screaming protests from my aching muscles.

Who...?

Squinting my eyes, I finally saw a tall man walking my direction, adorned with an elegant black school or military uniform, depending on the culture. His jacket was laced with gold, green, and red embellishments that reflected lavishly under the room's warm glow... However, it could be his devilishly handsome looks that was doing the backbone of the work for his effortlessly suave demeanor. His raven black hair came into my view, too close into view, as I suddenly felt a cool, gloved hand gently nestle the tip of my chin, propping my face to directly mirror his.

He smirked, "Well, well..."

Despite wanting to equally drink in his beautiful features, my mind reeled in panic as I came to realize that no, I am not in a homornally-driven hottie fantasy where the man of my dreams comes to whisk me off my feet and ride me off into the sunset.

Because I totally don't dream of that all the time.

I screamed bloody murder with every ounce of my being and like I was being exorcised my body launched up, causing a pain inducing clash between my forehead and the forehead of... the man of my dreams. I fell back and grasped my forehead in agony.

All I heard was a sigh.

"What a pain..."

A joyous booming laughter emitted only amplifying my pounding forehead, "That's the most entertaining thing I have seen, in what? A couple thousand years? That was simply comical!"

"Please, my Lord... Spare me your antics."

"Who the hell are you people." I groaned, grabbing the attention of the two men who were about ready to forget that I was present.

The black haired male grimaced while rubbing the red spot on his forehead, "Wouldn't you love to know, Human?" He sneered while giving me a cold stare. How icy...

"Oh come on, Luci! The poor girl is in a completely new environment."

'Luci' only sighed in fatigue, yet he eventually submitted to the man in a red uniform. 

On second thought, he may not be the man of my dreams...

"My name is Diavolo! The future king of the Demon Realm. I humbly welcome you to the Devildom."

Demon... Realm...

"Demons?"

Diavolo chuckled, "Yes, demons."

"Demon as in, like, horns coming out of the head... demons?"

"Yes, Human." 'Luci' mumbled, degradingly, may I add.

I stayed silent, assessing the two, not-demon looking men in front of me.

Are they playing a practical joke on me?

"D-Demons aren't real, though." I stated, yet it seemed like the only one in the room who was making a joke.

"Need proof? Look outside, Dear."