I want your love (pt.3)

Dark rose from the blackness and opened his eyes to a dimly lit room. 
He could feel the covers of Mark’s bed over his body. It was warm; pleasantly so. The single lamp on the bed-side table was turned on, casting a faint glow across the ceiling.
But there was something else. A small weight on Dark’s arm that turned his head to the side. 
You. 
You were lying beside him. Your body half enveloped by the blankets. Your head was resting on his bicep, eyes closed and chest rising and falling with each steady breath.
His eyes widened a little, fingers reaching over to whisper over your cheeks. 
You murmured in your sleep, moving closer to his body and sliding an arm over his chest to hold him flush against you. 
What has happened? Did Mark….no. No! That rodent couldn’t have had you first. He shouldn’t have defiled your purity with his touch! 
Dark searched Mark’s memories. Tearing open his consciousness and ripping through his mind until he found it. 
He can’t have. He shouldn’t have! Mark doesn’t deserve this!
It had only been two days since Dark was taken from you. Mark, weak and scared, had tried pushing you away. Hiding away in his room and refusing to listen to your voice.
But you were persistent. And after two days, Mark gave in. Allowing you to console him. Accepting your promises and comforting touches. 
This night, the night Dark had managed to crawl out of the abyss, Mark had begged you to stay in the room with him. Keep watch over him as he slept. 
You had agreed, keeping a light on for the two of you. But slept consumed the you in the late hours, and you held Mark in your arms as sleep took you.

Dark sighed, relieved. 
Mark hadn’t touched you. 
Feeling the tension in Dark’s body, you stirred and blinked up at him. 
“Everything ok?” You asked. Voice scratchy with sleep. 
How adorable. 
“Yeah, I’m ok.” Dark replied, mimicking Mark’s tone. “Just a bad dream.” 
You snuggled against him, resting your head on his shoulder. “Sorry, I fell asleep. I’ll try to stay awake this time.” 
“No,” Dark said, lifting a hand to stroke a strand of hair behind your ear. “Get some sleep. I’m ok.” 
You mumbled a reply, too quiet for Dark to hear and he grinned softly when he felt you fall into a slumber. 
He moved against you, shifting you with his hands so he was on his side and cradling you against his chest. 
Your sleeping body shuffled with him. Molding against his body and breathing a sigh when Dark ran his fingers through your hair. 
Dark allowed himself to do this for sometime. Keeping his movements slow and gentle. 
Then he moved his other hand to draw along your back. Simple, little designs through the material to flutter over your skin. Your body shivered, an involuntary reaction to his touch. 
Suddenly, you tilted your head, looking up at Dark with a cold stare. 
“Dark, let me go.” You demanded. 
Dark sighed, impatient. “I’m not going to hurt you.” 
“I don’t care. Get your hands off me.” 
Dark held your gaze for a moment, but reluctantly released you.
Allowing you to scramble away from him and stand off the bed. 
“Bring Mark back,” You ordered. Crossing your arms and glaring down at him. 
Dark bit back the growl that rose in his throat. “Why won’t you let me please you.” 
“Because I don’t want to be pleased,” You replied stiffly. “Dark, your fascination with me is beginning to creep me out. Please, just leave me alone. Give Mark back.” 
Dark sat up, leaning on one elbow as he spoke. “Do I creep you out?” 
You rubbed your arm, avoiding his gaze. “I’m use to the other side of you, Dark. The one that fights and argues. This one-eighty you’ve done is….strange.” 
Dark thought on your words. He had become softer. But, something in him enjoyed this. 
The gentle gazes. The delicate touches. Words spoken softly. 
Dark found it endearing. He didn’t want it to stop. 
“And you enjoyed fighting with me?” Dark asked, doubtfully. “You liked it when I tore down your armor? Played with your emotions and rendered you into a mess?” 
You raised your gaze to look at him, “I enjoyed having a reason to hate you.” 

Dark chuckled. Swinging his legs off the bed and approaching you. 
“(Y/N), I was a fool before. I believed you to be the same as Mark. An idiot. A pathetic human. And I treated you as such. But I realize now that you’re different. And I want to understand why you make me…different when I’m around you.” 
You stood still as Dark raised a hand to cup the side of your face. His thumb stroking your cheek. 
“There’s more to my existence than anger,” Dark continued. “And you’ve shown me that.” 
“Dark, I can’t.” You removed your cheek from his hand. “Mark is my friend. This feels like I’m betraying him just talking to you.” 
Dark shook his head, reining in his anger. “Mark doesn’t have to know. Nothing you feel uncomfortable with will pass. I just want to feel your touch.” He slid his hand down your arm. Gripping your hand and playing with your fingers. “I just want to have you near me. I want you to love me like you love Mark.” 
You went to protest but Dark hushed you with a single finger against your lips. 
“I know you deny it, but you feel something for him. And I could be some sort of substitute. I could…no, I couldn’t be him. I could be better. At least give me a trial.” Dark’s inked eyes were soft, warm. Melting with his features as he watched you, patiently pleading for your response.
You sighed. His fingers intertwining with yours as your head dipped in a nod.
“I…ok, but for one night.” You said, trying to ignore the guilt that stabbed into your chest. “Just for one night.”

Dark raised your chin with his free hand. His smile gentle but broad.
“I will not disappoint you, my dear.” He purred. “You must rest. Let us sleep.”
You nodded, allowing Dark to pull you towards the bed. He laid against your back, allowing a small space between your bodies and allowing you to move away if you pleased.
But you found yourself not moving away. Instead, as the thought of Mark’s face if, or when, he found out you didn’t fight, crossed your mind; you twisted and curled into Dark’s chest. 
He began to produce that rumble again. Deep in his throat and running his fingertips along your spine. The vibration scattering your thoughts and consuming your mind.
He soothed your misty eyes into closing. Brushing the bristles of his chin against your cheek as he nuzzled the soft strands of your hair. 
Dark braved to press his lips against your forehead, pulling you closer when you didn’t recoil from his touch. 
“It’ll be ok,” He told you. “Mark won’t find out.” 
“Please don’t talk,” You whispered and Dark nodded. Trailing his left hand over your shoulders. Massaging those spots he knew relaxed you. 
You slipped into a restless sleep. One Dark consoled your fidgeting form through the night by gentle caresses and ghosted whispers.
Patient. He told himself. She is fragile, let her heal. She’ll accept you soon.