After lunch, Bambam opted to take a nap in his room while Lisa and Chaeyoung helped Jungkook’s mother in baking butternut squash pie. They were still halfway done when Jungkook rushed into the kitchen, his eyes on Chaeyoung. She stopped what she was doing and returned his stare with the same intensity. Lisa pushed Chaeyoung towards Jungkook after unwarily taking the spatula from Chaeyoung’s hand. Jungkook gestured Chaeyoung to follow him out. She did after taking her apron off and washing her hands. She deliberately took a longer time inside the kitchen when she felt anxiety building up inside her. Jungkook’s facial expression was unreadable when he met Chaeyoung’s eyes earlier and it was tugging on her nerves.

Jungkook was seated on a wood bench placed under a tree. Chaeyoung staggered her way towards him. He was looking away from her while his face remained expressionless. She quietly took the seat beside him and waited for him to turn to her. Her head was bowed down in distress.

“Jungkook.” She called him softly when she found the courage to speak up.

“Hmm.”

“Are you mad at me?” She asked, trying to read the expression on his face.

He casually responded, “Should I be?”

She sighed, “Just tell me what you’re thinking right now.”

“You.” He mumbled. “I’m thinking about you, Chaeyoung.”

“Then why do you have a stern expression on your face? What’s wrong?”

“You tell me!” He said in a gruff reply.

“Is this about Taehyung again?”

He laughed bitterly, “Unfortunately, yes. It’s about him for the nth time.”

She took a deep breath before answering. “Did you see us earlier?”

“Why? What about it?” He snapped.

“Do I have to say it?”

“Say what?”

“Argh! Jungkook, if you don’t want to talk to me. Fine!”

She abruptly stood up and started to leave.

“Where are you going?” He called after her.

“I’m going home!” She yelled.

He looked at her and calmly answered. “The bus doesn’t come by at this hour and Bambam’s still exhausted from the drive earlier.”

“I don’t care! I’ll find my ride either way.” She answered, annoyance lacing her voice.

“Let me take you then.” He said before grabbing her wrist and dragging her to a red Jeep Wrangler. He gently pushed her to the front passenger seat before taking the driver’s seat. Then he started the engine and drove off.

“Wait! I didn’t take my stuff with me!” She shouted. “Where are you taking me?”

“Anywhere but home.” He grinned.

“Jungkook!” She screamed.

But Jungkook wasn’t listening to her rants and continued driving despite her protests. Then the car screeched into a halt on top of a hill. When Chaeyoung got off, she saw an array of cabbages below her. Jungkook’s house was settled in the midst of it all. A couple of people were bustling with labor all over the place.

“Is this all yours?” She asked once she scanned the immensity of land before her. She continued without giving him the chance to answer, “So did you bring me here to brag?”

In Between Heartbreaks » TaeRoseKookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें