Ch. 1: Arriving Into Santa Carla

Y/N POV:

   We've arrived. The place my friends have been talking about since high school. Santa Carla, California. They planned on coming here after Amy and I graduated, I was the youngest out of them. Lilli is the eldest. She's 20 but acts like our mom and still remains close with us. Then there's Bea, who comes in second at 19 years old. And Amy who is my bestest friend out of all of us and just 25 days older than me. Lilli's family owned a small cabin by the beach and said we can stay there for the trip. I finally agreed after realizing I can get away from my parents. Not that I hate them or anything, just the fact that they want me to instantly grow up and get a serious job.

   We pulled up to Lilli's old family cabin, just a few miles from the boardwalk. It had a nice view of the ocean and the lighthouse just up by the cliff. "Here it is," exclaimed Lilli while she shut off the car. I was the first to get out and walk up to the door. The ocean breeze filled my nose with a salty fresh scent. "It's beautiful Lil," I said picking up my bags and taking them inside. "I can't wait till we meet some really cute guys," Bea said with little smile and excitement. I rolled my eyes. Bea is just a little to boy crazy "Can't we just have a peaceful vacation without any boys?" I asked while plopping down onto the couch. "Come on Y/N. Your 18 and graduated...and still a virgin," she said plopping down next to me. "Yeah and your point is?" "My point is that you need to have a little bit of fun while we're here for half of the summer," she said putting her arm around me. I sighed and looked at the ground. "For once I actually agree with Bea," I heard Lilli say from the kitchen. "See! Even Lilli agrees and she never does that," Bea exclaimed as she jumped up from the couch towards the kitchen. Thanks Lil. "How about after we get done packing, how about we go up to the boardwalk? I heard there was a concert happening later tonight," Amy said walking through the door with the last of her bags. "I guess so," I said getting up to pick a room and unpack. I chose the room at the very end of the hallway and began to unpack.

I took a quick shower and get dressed. I grabbed my bag, cigarettes, and we headed out. Santa Carla felt different when nighttime rolled around. It felt very calming, especially with the carnival lights shining from the boardwalk. All types of sounds and scents. The chattering and screaming of people and the smell of hot dogs and funnel cakes. We all had some time to spare before the concert came around. Lilli, Bea, and Amy went on the rides while I walked around because I get sick easily. I walked into a comic book store just to look around and see if they had anything. In the corner of my eye I see 3 boys staring at me. The dirty blonde one whispering to a tan skinned brunette and another dirty blonde with a red bandanna. I place one of the comics down and walked out.

"That was really weird," I thought. While I was deep into my thoughts  I felt somebody jump on me. I screamed. I got up and turned around to see Lilli, Bea, and Amy all laughing at me. "What the fuck is wrong with you guys," I said out of breath, trying not to laugh from embarrassment. "You know you love us," Bea said giggling and putting her arm over me while Lilli and Amy were laughing their asses off behind us. We all walked towards the brightly lit up stage, decorated with fire torches and band equipment. The band started the music and out came this middle aged, oily man. I look over at the girls who look like they're drooling. "I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette," I shouted as leaned into Amy's ear. She nodded and went back to dancing with the girls.

I walked away from all the lights and sounds to smoke in piece. As I turned the corner I found a giant rock that I could sit on. I climbed on top of the rock and sat down on the flattest part. I lit my cigarette and looked up. I silently hummed to myself while taking puffs. I began to hear something behind me but chose to ignore it and listen to the ocean. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned expecting to see one of the girls but I came face to face with a really cute guy with blue-green eyes.