The Thread of Love

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I will not stop. I will find him even if that's the last thing I'll do." He said with full determination.

The sudden opening of his office doors returned his attention to the present. Looking up, he felt his mood get even darker when he saw his mother came in.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he stared at his mom.

Mean's mom swallowed. She can't describe the look his son was giving him. "Son, I came here to invite for lunch? Would you like to join me?" She asked.

Mean looked away. "No, I would rather have lunch alone."

"But! But I was actually thinking of going to that restaurant you like? The one where they serve those seafood? I know you like the foods they serve there-"

"I don't want to have lunch with you." He snorted and smirked at his mom. "To be honest, I don't even want to be on the same room with you." He said. "You know mom, I don't know how you ca even sleep at night after what you did. I don't know how you can even show up to me and ask me to have lunch with you after what you did Plan." He said. "I can't forgive you for what you did. Please mom until I find Plan, don't expect me to forgive you."

Mean left the office after that, while his mom remained rooted on the spot, guilt eating out her heart.

----------------

"Did you just get home?"

Mean's mom was startled when he heard his husband's voice. She was far too gone with her thoughts that she did not hear him approach. She sighed.

"Yeah. I went to the company and visit Mean. I was hoping we could have lunch together." She said as she took a seat on the sofa in front of her husband.

Her husband raised a brow at her as he gestured a maid to get him some coffee. "So? How did it go?"

She sighed again. "I don't really know what is happening to our son anymore." She started. "He was being rude to me earlier. Can you believe that he told me that he doesn't want to be in the same room with me? I've been trying and trying to be closer to him again but it seems it's not working." She said.

Her husband sighed and shook his head. "To be honest, I can understand why he's being like that." He said.

She frowned. "Are you saying he is right?"

He shook his head and took out a newspaper. "I am not saying that what he is doing is right and polite but I can understand him. You were the reason why he is being like that. You took the most important person from him away." He said.

"Is this still about Plan?" She asked as a frown marred her fair face. "Hasn't he moved on yet? It's been 3 years. He should find someone else."

Her husband looked at her. "Easier said than done." Then he stood up taking the coffee the maid gave him. "You know, the things you're saying right now, it's the very same reason your son hates you. It's like you've never fallen in love before. Does the feelings you had for me the same as the love you think Mean have with Plan?" He asks. "To be honest, I am on Mean's side right now. I am disappointed with how you were trying to dictate his heart on who he should love and shouldn't." He continued. "If he loves Plan will that make you think differently of him?" Then he left.

She slumped on her seat and bit her lower teeth. "I just... I just want his happiness.

---------------

Mean's been trying to let off some steam but it's not working. For the whole time he stayed at the park he's been seeing couples happily enjoying each other's company.

"Oi, why is everyone so happy while here I am wishing and hoping that the person I love will come back to me." He said and took out his phone, staring at the picture of his beloved Plan. "Where are you? Why did you leave? I have so many questions that I want answers. But Plan, I will forget everything as long as you will come back to me." He said as he caressed the monitor.

As he stood up from the bench he was seating on he felt something- well upon double checking someone bumped into his leg.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Are you alright?" Mean asked the kid as he helped him stood up.

The kid looked up to him with teary eyes. "Papa?"

Mean frowned. "Papa? Are you lost, kid?" He asked as he crouched down to the kid's eye level. "

The kid sniffed. "My Papa missing. Can't find." He said.

Mean chuckled. "I don't think that is right. You're the one missing. How about we go and find your parents?" He said as he reached out for the kid's hand.

The kid reached out to Mean and smiled. The smile seems familiar but Mean shrugged it off. "I'm P'Mean, what's your name?"

The kid was about to answer when they both heard a familiar voice calling out.

"Perth!"

They both turned to the source of the voice and had different reactions. The kid beamed while Mean was shocked to see the Person he was looking for all this time.

"Plan?"

The guy looked up and was frozen on the spot.

"Mean."

-----------------------

A/n: I decided not to give a name to their parents because I don't want to create an OC on the story. Late update because I got too lazy to type, but I have a new bed table and I can now type while lying down on my bed. I can now update every Monday mid-night! Hope you enjoy the chapter.