Chapter 5- Fallen

"Hii Zoya!" She surprised to find Ruby on the door. "Hi..uhh..." Zoya said in a confused tone.

"Can I come in?" Ruby asked looking at Zoya. "Yeah! Sure. Why not." Zoya said as she moved inside along with her. "Please have a seat." Zoya said.

"I will get you a cup of coffee." Zoya tried to excuse herself. "No need of that Zoya. Thank you, come sit." Ruby said politely.

Zoya gave her a small smile before taking a seat. Ruby fumbled for something in her bag. "Zoya! Here." She said. Zoya looked at her and was amazed to find the exact same book which she saw yesterday. "You needed this. Right?" She added.

She kept the book aside on the glass table. "Is there something troubling you, Zoya?" Zoya looked at her in awe. How does she know all these? She thought to herself. "Tell me Zoya..only if you are comfortable." She asked Zoya again. But, she felt hesitant.

"You know, I was married for 2 years when my husband left me. He died in a car accident. I was shattered...broken and completely clueless about my future. The pain of losing him was unbearable. I always loved him beyond everything, he was was life. He was my breathe, my everything. And, he left me alone in this world. He promised me to spend the rest of our life together. But, he broke the promise." Zoya listened to her carefully. Tears started glittering in her eyes. She kept her hand over her palm trying to soothe her pain.

Ruby gave her a faded smile. She continued, "I decided to end my life. I decided to suicide because I no longer wanted to live. I tried eating poison. I don't remember what exactly happened but I remember I woke up on the hospital bed. I saw him standing right next to my bed. He maybe my illusion but I understood that he wanted me to live. I understood that if he wanted me to live because he had a reason." Ruby said with tears in her eyes.

"He wanted me to live, so that I can help you Zoya. Now, I understand. You met me because he wanted us to meet. This is destiny Zoya, you believe in destiny. Don't you?" She said.

Zoya quickly wiped her tears with her palm. "I don't know how you will be reacting to this....and-" Zoya said. "Zoya, trust me. You can share with me." Ruby said.

"Umm...So, when we shifted here from Mumbai. I...I could feel something paranormal here. And, I started feeling unusual and I could feel something. But, after a few days everything went alright. And-" Zoya said.

"And a few days earlier, when Aditya wasn't at home. I saw...saw he..her. She wants something. She wan...wants some..thing." Zoya completed. Ruby listened carefully to it.

"I know you find it rubbish and you may think I am craz-" She was cut off. "Its not rubbish, Zoya. I believe you. It is possible, why not?"

Zoya looked at her in awe. She didn't expect that answer from her. It made her amuse. "Maybe I can help you, Zoya. Joseph wanted me to help you." Ruby said.

"Did you talk about this to your husband?" She asked. "Hmm...I did." Zoya said. "Keep faith in almighty god Zoya. If he has closed a way for you, he must have another for you. Have patience and everything will be alright." Ruby assured.

"Do you feel anything strange in the house, Zoya. I mean something you feel like is related to whatever is happening." Ruby asked after a taking a pause.

"No. I don't really think so. Umm..no." Zoya said. "You should talk about this to Aditya. He will help you. I am sure." Ruby said taking Zoya's hand in hers.
_^_

In the evening, "Aditya is getting so late today. Is something wrong? I think I should make a call." She blabbered to herslef while she was she was passing through her room.

Her eyes feel on the room. Something struck her mind, "Do you fell anything strange in the house, Zoya?" She remembered Ruby Aunty saying this afternoon. And, yes does. She feels intimidated or better say afraid of that room.

"Bhabhi, please make sure the room is closed and don't enter the room."

She recalled Yash saying this to her. Is something wrong with that room? Is everything happening with her has a connect to that room? So many questions!

She moved slowly towards it. She stood in front of the door deciding whether to enter or no. What if she troubles her even more? What if she overpowers her?

She twisted the knob the door. The door creaked , she stood at the door observing the room. The temperature was cold, the room was in a mess. But, It wasn't a storeroom. She knew Yash was hiding something. She will have to know.

She moved inside keeping her palm over her mouth and nose to avoid the stale smell across the room. The things in the room were covered with white cloth, cobwebs on them. Goosebumps appeared on her body. She started shivering. She stumbled over something, she looked down. She picked up a frame, but it was too old she couldn't see the face in the picture. It was a couple picture, maybe.

She moved ahead, the temperature starting dropping. She started feeling colder and colder. This room is a mystery. She thought to herself.

She removed the white cloth over an object. It was a dirty piano. She traced her hand over the object. She tapped on the keys of it. She could hear the melodious sound of the piano. A small curve appeared on her face.

She heard the doorbell ringing. "Coming!" She yelled. She quickly rushed towards the door, shutting it. She went downstairs to open the gate.

The melodious sound of the piano again echoed in the room........

"Aditya, you are so late." She complained to him.

"I know. I had a little more work today and then got stuck in the jam." He said loosening his tie.

"Okay, fine. Go and get a shower, quickly. I get us dinner." Zoya said.
.
.
.
She cleared her throat trying to seek his attention while he was busy having his dinner.
"Mmmm...Adit- ".
"Pass me another spoon, please." He said cutting her off. She handed him the spoon and tapped hers on the plate. She has to talk to him about the room.
_^_

She kept the water bottle on the table, next to her bed. She sat on the corner of the bed, "I have to talk to him about the room."

"Where are you lost, Ghalib?" Aditya said. "Come no, lets go to sleep." He said spreading his arms out for her. She have him a small smile and slept next to him. She started drawing circles on his chest.

"Ummm....Aditya. I wanted to tell you something." Zoya said, a little bit hesitant."Hmmm....Tell." he said.

"What do you think of the storeroom? Yash told me not to enter but...you know Ruby Aunty visited me this afternoon and she said that whatever I have been experiencing can be true. And, she told me about it. And, today when I went to the storeroom. I-" She could hear soft snores. She looked at him and said, "Slept already." She gently kissed his forehead and placed her head on his chest.

"Tomorrow, I will make sure I tell you this." She thought and in no time drifted off to sleep.
_^_

Happy Makar Sankranti everyone! Here the update. So, for everyone who are curious to know the reason behind the ghost troubling Zoya and the mystery of the room. Have patience cuties and you will get to know each and everything slowly and with time.

It's a story, and mysteries are always welcome. The base of the story has been scribbled. Now, the story begins and I am super excited for it. Can't wait for the next.

If you are liking my story, please do vote, comment and share. It feels so overwhelming that I can't explain my gratitude in words. I love you guys a lot.❤