1: A Rumor?

Have you ever wondered why we have wars? Why we have to suffer the loss of loved ones? Or, possibly, why we have to watch our friends die right before our eyes?

I have.

But doesn't everything have a purpose? Doesn't everything eventually die anyway?

I've come to realize, that sometimes, losing someone you barely know is easier than losing someone who you've known for so long, maybe even fallen for. But you know what?

Shit happens.

~~~

"Levee!" I called, running towards my blonde haired friend. He turned around, his beautiful blue eyes meeting mine. As soon as he saw me, a small smile lit up his face while he waited for me to catch up to him.

Once there, I brushed my own bleach blonde hair out of my face, slightly panting. I had only just run all around Castle Town looking for Levee. "Hey, Cloud," Levee greeted, smiling bigger now that I was next to him. "What do you need?"

Steadying my breath, I said, "The Captain wanted to see us. Sasu said it wad important, so we should probably hurry," I explained, looking around to see where the quickest route was. "Come on, this way." Deciding that the alley ways were the best, I took off at a slow run, waiting for Levee to start running.

Of course, he quickly caught up. He moved with ease in the dark blue, almost black, shirt and similar matching pants. His shin high brown leather boots that were folded slightly over with over usage flapped against the pace we were going. The matching arm gear he wore, was that of arm guards and fingerless gloves. I'm surprised he was even able to keep his hair so perfect, as if the wind wasn't a matter to him.

The slow paced run escalated into a full blown race to get to the Captain's Headquarters. At some point, we had to stop, just because we were laughing too hard for some unknown reason. I clenched my chest with my left hand while the other was holding me up by my knee.

"Okay, okay, we need to get to the Captain's Headquarters," I panted out. Levee nodded and we slowly regained ourselves, beginning to walk at a normal pace to the Captain's.

"Do you know anything about why she wanted to see us?" Levee broke the silence when the large stone building came into view.

"No," I began, "Sasu just said that we had to meet her. He said it was important, but you know Sasu. It's probably just a small mission to go find someone's lost pet." Levee chuckled, clearly agreeing.

It went back to silence between us, but we never cared. It was nice just being in the same place, not that we're never together anyway. We're just not the talking type of best friends, if that makes sense.

Once into the building, we sat down on the three person wood bench, waiting for the Captain to call us in. Her door was closed, so we assumed that she was already talking to someone.

"This better not be a long wait..." I mumbled, already getting bored. Let me be impatient, I always have, always will.

As soon as I said that, the door opened to reveal a very happy Sasu. "You two!" Sasu pointed at us, his gray-ish black-ish hair moving to frame his oval shaped face. "I'm a full fledged guard now! I was just promoted!" Sasu grinned.

"Really? Congratulations, Sasu!" I exclaimed, jumping up and giving him a quick hug. Levee did the same, minus the hug.

"Levee? Cloud? Come in now." The Captain called, a sort of tone that inticated that she was troubled.

"Let's meet at the Bar, bring Athena too." Levee told Sasu whilst Sasu walked out of the building, a happy skip to his walk.

It was our turn to take a seat in the dark green chairs with red wood lining. Once seated, the Captain rubbed her forehead. "What's the matter, Oriku?"