Damage

The Last Jedi

I stayed in uniform, just in case. Knowing Poe, things are going to get nasty. I stood behind Leia, watching and hearing every move from Poe. I heard BB-8 threw the intercom.

"Happy beeps here, buddy, come on." Poe said as he got in place. Everyone was in the control room, getting things done. "We've pulled crazier stunts than this." He isnt wrong, that one time at Mos Eisley Cantina where we were spying- you just gotta be there to believe it.

"Just for the record, Commander Dameron, I'm with the droid on this one." Leia agreed.

"Thank you for your support, General."

"BB-8 is never wrong." I said. Leia chuckled.

"Attention!" Poe says to the First Order

"Attention!" Poe says to the First Order. "This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet, I have an urgent communique for General Hugs." Classic Poe. He cuts us off. Leia turns to me, knowing what I have to do.

"I need every pilot and bomber ready. Knowing the First Order, and Poe." I whispered. "Things will get rough. I need every man and woman on this." I looked at everyone in the room.

"Yes Commander!" Everyone saluted and ran off. I saw Poe's ship as he going for a dreadnought.

"Slick son of a bitch." I chuckled. Poe's fighter soars atop of the Fulminatrix's hull, weaving and rolling throughout the aircraft's laser fire. He manages to fire the Fulminatrix's enemy cannons with fire of his own.

"All right, taking out the cannons now. Hera, start your approach."

"Copy that." I said through the intercom. "Lets go!" We ran out. We gathered everyone. "Lets show the first order who they are messing with. Bombers, stay by, ill call in Jules. We cant miss this."

"Be careful." Jules said as she puts on her helmet.

"Dont worry about me. You be careful." She grabbed my hand.

"Im sorry about Ben. I really am." I patted her hand.

"Its not your fault. After this, we have to have a long talk, youre buying drinks." We both laughed.

"Go! They need a commander." I smiled and gave her a hug. I turned on the ship and headed out. I put on my helmet and tested the intercom, connecting to Leia and everyone else. "Hear me?"

"Perfectly clear Commander Hera." We flew out, giving Poe some backup. "You did it, Poe. Now get your squad back here so we can get out of this place."

"Should we pull out then?" I asked.

"No, General... We can do this. We have... a chance to take down a dreadnought." I shot at the TIE fighters as they were coming out. "These things are fleet killers. We can't let it get away."