Chapter 27 ~ Start of Something New

Depuis le début

That anything can happen

When you take a chance," I sing as I strum my guitar.

"I never believed in

What I couldn't see

I never opened my heart

To all the possibilities," It wasn't me that sang that. The crowd goes wild as I look at the entrance of the auditorium where the voice came from. It was Steve.

"I know that something has changed

Never felt this way and right here tonight," he continues as I stare at him in shock. I snap out of it as the both of us sing the next part together.

"This could be the start of something new

It feels so right to be here with you oh

And now looking in your eyes" we sing together as he makes his way to the stage with the spotlight shining on him.

"I feel in my heart," Steve sings as he stands right next to me. He grabs the other microphone so the crowd can hear him better.

"I feel in my heart," I sing as I turn to face him, grinning widely at him. He smiles back at me.

"The start of something new," We sing together.

"Now who'd have ever thought that," I start as Steve joins in.

"We'd both be tonight,"

"And the world looks so much brighter," Steve continues.

"Brighter, brighter."

"With you by my side."

"By my side."

"I know that something has changed

Never felt this way

I know it for real

This could be the start of something new

It feels so right to be here with you oh

And now looking in your eyes

I feel in my heart," We sing together as we circle each other around the stage.

"The start of something new," I sing.

"I never knew that it could happen till it happened to me, oh, yeah" Steve sings.

"I didn't know it before

But now it's easy to see

It's the start of something new

It feels so right to be here with you, oh

And now looking in your eyes I feel in my heart

That it's the start of something new

It feels so right to be here with you, oh

And now looking in your eyes I feel in my heart," We sing together once again.

"The start of something new," I sing.

"The start of something new," Steve sings.

"The start of something new," We finish together as I strum the last note.

The crowd stands from their chairs screaming and cheering. I look at Steve and hug him tight.

You guys didn't really think he died did you?

F L A S H B A C K

3 days ago

"NO!" I scream as Steve goes down. The man lets me go, running out of the room as I run to Steve. "Steve, Steve c'mon wake up." I shake him as tears form in my eyes. "Steve please. Dad." I lay my head on the top of his chest and cry my heart out on his lifeless body.