"You know me daughters always listening the them 197shite wankers," he grinned, "fuckin always knew there was somet up with them," he chuckled and drawn a laugh from me and even though I woke up the next morning with a hangover and a bad head I woke up feeling 10 times better than I had the night before.

And I'd almost finished the song, I almost felt ready to finish the song.

"He's just cool int he," i shrugged smiling at Fliss.

"Well whatever he said to yous you seem better," she said, "was startin to worry about yous our kid," she winked standing up to go and make us both another brew.

"We can sing kiss ya tonight if you want," i called after her, my voice a little croaky drawing a laugh from her.

"You'll do well to sing anythin at all sundance," she giggled, "are you sure you want to like, you don't have to..."

"Its just a song Fliss, it doesn't matter what its about," i shrugged, "I'll sing it cause people like it and other people feel happy when they listen to it..."

"What is it about?" she bit down on her smile knowing already, and knowing that asking would wind me up to no end.

"You already know that," i smirked guilty and blushing and embarrassed, "and it doesnt matter now because its never gonna happen and thats fine because even if it did I'd ruin it anyway because I'm not ready for that," i said sighing with the words but content that I knew I meant them. And i knew i was right.

"No ones ever really ready saffy," she said then, "but when its someone who lights you up you just have to grit your teeth and try," she stood up and picked my guitar up from beside me, told me to give it a rest. "You and Bonds would be good together, you're good for eachother like..."

"Hes good for me," I said softly, "I don't think i do anything for him," i said really meaning it but she just laughed and cut me off.

"Get to fuck sundance!" she cried, "Don't you remember how much of a dozy drip he used to be when we first met him, and now he's you know..."

"No I don't know," i smirked, "hes still a drip!" i giggled my smile always wide when I spoke about him, regardless of how sad it made me to think I'd never be what he needed or wanted. It was nice to kid myself like a teenage girl with Fliss, who still was that young and that naive. Who still believed that love was that simple. I hoped it always would be for her but it would never be like that for me again. It couldn't be.

"Nah but he's not a prick like, he's definitely I don't know, matured a little bit or somet, he's not the same as he used to be..."

"He's nearly 30 Fliss, maybe its just life you know..."

"Yeah cause lifes hit him dead hard in the last few months..." she rolled her eyes at me and gave me a shove.
I did my best to laugh her off but I could tell she was going to be persistent so i lit up a cigarette. "Saffy darlin," she said as she let out a sigh because she'd seen my flickering gaze and she knew i was getting tired and I was drowning in all the things I felt about our mutual friend.

"What?" i sounded like i was sulking. I wasn't, not exactly, but when I'd stayed up all night talking to Noel his take home point was that I didn't really need the lad. That if it was this much trouble it would work out and he'd be the last lad i ever wound up with, and if it didn't it wouldn't matter for very long anyway. That had made me feel better.

But fliss and her stubborn streak were pushing me into a corner and she knew me far better than Noel did.

"Saff just call your mate," she said with a smirk, dropping my phone into my lap on her way past. "Now."