Ch. 7: Death and the Maiden

Start from the beginning

"How would you plan to do that?" Stefan asked.

"Silas made a pinky promise that he'd do a spell to bring her back," I told him. "Unfortunately, he's taking his sweet time coming back to Mystic Falls." Amara tried to bite herself on the wrists so she would bleed to death. I opened the door, walking inside, grabbing her wrists to stop her. "Amara, stop."

"No!" Amara told me. "No! Let me die. I want to die!"

I looked at Stefan. "Let's hope love is blind or at least deaf."

*****

Silas wasn't going to bring Bonnie back. He wanted us to kill Amara so that the Other Side would be gone forever.

"We need to buy some more time, protect Amara," Elena told us. "Maybe we should move her somewhere else."

"Silas is a witch," I told her. "He's a living, breathing, GPS tracking device. He'll track her wherever we take her."

"We can't let him anywhere near her until he brings Bonnie back," Elena told us.

"Weren't you listening to anything?" Stefan asked. "He's not gonna bring her back."

"So, what, I should just give up?" Elena asked. "Come on, Stefan. You got your memory back. You know me probably better than anyone else. Do you really think that I'm gonna give up?"

"You know what?" Stefan asked. "You're right. I do know you. You put your hope in all the wrong places and sometimes . . ." He looked at Damon. "In the wrong people." He looked at Elena. "Silas needs to die and put us all out of our misery."

"So long as he's alive, I'm holding out hope that he can still help us," Elena told us.

"Well, as someone who just spent the last three months at the bottom of a quarry because of the guy, I wouldn't hold your breath, pun intended," Stefan told her. "Silas needs to die, and I need to be the one to kill him, end of story."

Stefan walked out of the room.

*****

Jeremy came upstairs to tell us what he had found out. "Amara could see Bonnie, and Bonnie could touch her. They made physical contact. It's like Amara's got a foot on each side or something."

"Poppy exists in both places at once, here and the Other Side?" Elena asked.

"Then she's not crazy crazy, she's just talking to dead supernatural beings roaming around in our basement," I told them.

"The point is if Silas isn't gonna help us, what if Bonnie could be the same thing?" Jeremy asked. "What if she existed on both sides at once? What if she became the Anchor?"

"You're right. Jeremy, you're right," Elena told him. "So, all we would need is someone who could do that spell."

"Oh, please don't say who I think you're gonna say," Damon told her.

"Think about it," Elena told us. "Silas wants Amara to die, and Amara wants Amara to die, so who, besides us, in the one person with the biggest stake against letting that happen?"

Damon went to talk to Tessa.

*****

 Damon led Tessa into the house. 

"So, you live in this giant mansion with two Doppelgangers that are destined to end up together?" Tessa asked. "I swear there's a sitcom in there somewhere. So, where's the ancient boyfriend-stealing bitch?"