"Elena, whoa, that is not S--" Damon started. Elena hung up. Damon and I exchanged a look. "You and I, we're going to that college."

*****

Damon was outside looking for "Stefan" and Elena.

I went to the dorm room, walking in and closing the door behind me. 

Caroline was just out of the shower, a towel wrapped around her body. "Kaylin? What are you doing here?" 

"Silas is here," I told her. "He's with Elena, pretending to be Stefan. Get dressed." 

"I thought that Stefan dropped his body in the quarry," Caroline told me.

"Join the club," I told her. "Get dressed."

"Oh, my God," Caroline said. "Oh, my God. Elena was right. All summer, she's had this pit in her stomach about Stefan."  

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know," Caroline told me. "She just said that she had this weird feeling that something was wrong with him."

I threw some clothes at Caroline. "Just put some clothes on. Meet me out there. We have to find her."

*****

I walked outside to see Damon and Silas talking.

"Hello, brother," Silas told him. "But I suppose distant nephew is probably more accurate." 

Damon walked up to him grabbing Silas' throat. "Where the hell's Elena?" 

Silas used mind control on Damon. "There's no need for violence, Damon. You'll find her eventually." He pulled Damon's hand off his neck. Damon seemed unwilling, but couldn't resist Silas' mind control forcing him to. "There you go. Look, I get why you like her. I mean, I have a soft spot for brunettes, too. What I don't get is why she likes you." 

"That's 'cause you haven't had sex with me," Damon told him.

"Hmm," Silas hummed. "Cockiness masking fear. How transparent." 

Silas turned around, starting to walk away from Damon.

I appeared in front of him. "Going somewhere?" 

"Hello, sis--" Silas started.

"A, we all know I'm not your sister," I cut him off. "B, you expect us to believe you came all this way just to talk to Elena?" 

"No, that doesn't really make much sense, does it?" Silas asked. "But if I told you exactly what I did, then it would ruin the fun. Enjoy the bonfire, Kaylin." 

Silas patted either of us on the arm, walking away.

Damon and I exchanged a look.

*****

Later, after dark, the bonfire party was well underway. 

Caroline, Damon and I walked through the crowd of party-goers.

"Why would Silas want to hurt her?" Caroline asked.

"Because he wants to hurt us," I answered. 

"You know, Damon, if you just would've told the truth, all of this could've been avoided," Caroline told him.

"Gee, thanks, Caroline," Damon said sarcastically. "Your hindsight is invaluable in this insituation."

Damon bumped into someone.

The guy looked at him. "Watch where you're going, douche."

"Have you seen Elena Gilbert?" Damon asked. 

"I have no idea who that is, and if I were her, I'd probably run from you, too," the guy told him.

"Wrong answer," Damon told him, grabbing his throat.

I stepped in, compelling the guy instead. "Forget all this and get out of here." The guy walked away. I turned toward Damon. "You have to calm down." 

"He turned the entire town square into a hunting party for Katherine," Damon told us. "How am I supposed to calm down when every single person here could be working for Silas?" 

*****

We found Elena and another guy in a shed.

Damon rushed inside, knocking him out.

"Damon?" Elena asked. "What the hell?" 

"Seriously?" Caroline asked. "That's Jesse. I kind of liked him."

*****

I went back to the quarry when they found something, calling Damon.

"Yeah?" 

"We found something." 

*****

Liz, Damon, Elena and I approached the safe that Stefan was locked in. 

"We didn't find anything in the quarry, but a deputy found this a few miles away," Liz told us. "Didn't open it. If Stefan's been in there for three months . . . chances are, he's hungry." 

Damon lifted the top of the safe open, revealing a bloody corpse inside that had been Rippered.

Elena looked away. "Oh, my God. That's not Stefan."

I looked toward Liz. "Well you were right. He was hungry." I looked ahead. "I bet he still is."