"You touched it and it stared working. I saw a small ray coming out of your hand. Holy-"

"No, no, no, Ned. I hit the machine on the side, and then it started working, I did nothing. Nothing came out of my hand."

"You-you... That's why you wear gloves- " He stopped, and then he muttered. "I gotta tell Peter."

"Wait, what?" And before Ned could escape, she grabbed his arm, holding him steadily. "Why Peter?"

He seemed troubled, as if he couldn't respond to the teen's request. This made the girl raise an eyebrow, looking at him. "Uh, h-he's my best friend. I gotta tell him this. I gotta tell somebody."

Eleanor stared at Ned's eyes. "You can't tell anyone. Please." He didn't seem convinced until Eleanor said "Please" again.

"Alright."

"Ned," her tone became more serious. "I mean it. You can't tell anyone, please. Not even Peter."

"Alright, fine, fine." He wiggled his arm out of her grip but looked at her at again. "But you gotta tell Peter about this. This is so cool!"

Eleanor sushed her friend and placed her hands on his shoulders. "It's not cool-"

"Can you make storms happen?" He asked, his eyes filling with curiosity. "Did you get a hammer, like Thor's? Can you make the fire alarm go off just by thinking about it? What would happen if-"

The girl sushed her friend again, and her hands traveled back to her sides. "Ned, I don't know. And it's not cool-"

Ned didn't seem to be listening to Eleanor's comment, it looked like he was trying to piece something together in his mind, until he finally did. He looked up from previously looking to the ground, and looked at her eyes. "You're the girl from the news."

"Ned, that's a huge stretch-"

"Peter's going to be so excited if he knows she's you!" He screamed in excitement, and after saying it, his hands went to his mouth, as if it was a secret.

"Wait, why? Why does Peter need to know about this?" Eleanor asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Gotta go." Ned quickly replied, and before he could leave, Eleanor grabbed his arm again.

"Please Ned. Nobody can know about this."

He nodded, without saying anything else, and then he left to his class. The teen was left puzzled, the appetite for that Snickers bar had disappeared completely with that encounter.

°°°

Gym class wasn't exactly Eleanor's favorite class. She used to find every exercise hard to do, but now with her new abilities, she felt she could do anything. She had to be careful though, people would quickly notice something's weird when the girl who could barely do a single sit-up can now do 50 without breaks.

MJ was beside her, laying down. She was pushing her book away with her arms, straightening them, and returning it back to her eyes. Meanwhile, Eleanor was stretching, taking a 'break' from the assigned situps.

"Whatcha reading?" Eleanor asked, straightening her legs on the floor and stretching towards her toes. She noticed that, sometimes, she could feel the tiny rays of electricity running down her veins.