Chapter 3 "Moving buddies"

X had very few belongings, so it was easy to carry his things to his new charge room. His items were carried in two plastic containers; the first contained a small succulent plant, a lamp, a blanket from a former human-friend of his named Tyler, a drawing notebook and a picture frame of his creator.
The second held a stuffed animal left by his creator; his data pod, a photo of a family (presumably also left by his creator), and the book he shamelessly read over and over, a copy of "The Gunslinger" by 'Stephen King'. He'd enjoyed the text very much and was curious of the authors identity other than the name and photo listed, but X was sure the author was long dead.
As he practically stumbled through the hallways as he quickly waved goodbye to many of his old acquaintances. As he was waving to a green bot who he once rode motorbikes with, he collided with a figure, dropping the boxes stacked high above his head. X scrambled to get his bearings as a voice cut through his panic,
"Watch where you're going, X." X looked up too see who it was. It was Boomer Kuwanger, one of his closer friends.
"Oh! I'm so sorry Kuwanger!" X scrambled to pick them up, praying that nothing broke.
"It's fine, X. But you seem to have bit off more than you can chew with those boxes, need any help?" He said as he picked up a box.
"Uh-sure! If you're not busy that is-" X righted himself to match Kuwanger's height.
"Eh- I just got outta classes for today so I got all the time in the world." Kuwanger shrugged, following X down the hall.
"So, you're moving to my sector, eh?"
"Yeah, I'm really nervous about it to be honest..." X looked down at what he was carrying to break eye contact with Kuwanger.
"Aw, don't be, the animaloids don't bite- well most of them at least..." Kuwanger chuckled,
"Well, it's not the reploids I'm scared of, I'm just not sure I can keep up with the elites- that's all." X sighed. All Kuwanger could do was sigh and give a warm 'smile' to X, (which was basically the rapid movement of his frontal antennae), putting a free hand on the other's shoulder.
"I'm sure you'll do fine, X. You are at the correct strength level to graduate with us, we'd love to have you on the team. And if I'm being honest..." he trailed off into a whisper-
"I don't think 10 Viles could make you break a sweat if I'm not mistaken-." X paused, but was soon busting out into a fit of cackles, Kuwanger soon following suit.
"Ah, Kuwanger... You always know how to cheer me up, thank you so much." X wiped a tear from his left eye.
"Heh, any day BlueJay." Kuwanger looked away, still doing his version of a grin.
After a moment of silence, the two arrived at the dorm.
"Well, I guess I'll be seeing ya!" X said as they both set down X's luggage.Before leaving, Kuwanger gave X a tight embrace.
"Congrats, buddy." Was all he said before X cut him off, squeezing him tighter.
"Thanks for being here, Kuwanger. I wouldn't be here without you and the guys."
As they parted, Kuwanger waved him goodbye.
X recharged that night feeling right at home.