The orange-haired girl didn't hear the following words too clearly, but one particular phrase stood out.

"A-ah! You mean D-doctor Zackley!"

Petra's enthusiasm shattered into pieces. Her eyes dulled and her hands clenched into fists. After a few seconds of trying to listen through the thick wall, Levi's loud voice came up again.

"That's not what I wanted to hear!"

Petra turned away from the wall and leaned on it. Her expression became blank while she thought of why Levi was looking for the doctor. Petra could only come up with one reason: she was someone special to him.

No. Petra raked her hair with her fingers. She knew how much I love him. How... how dare she!!!

With that, her mind developed countless thoughts that bothered her to no end. Jealousy clouded her proper judgment of the situation.

Minutes have passed when Petra heard guards crowding outside and Levi shouting.

Another set of minutes have passed when she heard another familiar voice.

One that she didn't want to hear.

"Let me through!"

Her attention was solely focused on the voices on the other side. Levi had stopped yelling after the doctor's voice, and Petra assumed that it was (Y/n) who had successfully calmed him down. She also didn't ignore the guards screaming her name repeatedly, telling her to get away from Levi or let go of him.

Is she... is she hugging him?!

Petra grits her teeth; it was supposed to be her that Levi's looking for, it was supposed to be her calming him down,

It was supposed to be her arms wrapped around him.

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 4:25 p.m. ||

"Petra?"

The mentioned girl sat up and looked at her surprise visitor. It was her psychiatrist, standing by the door with a smile on his face.

"Pardon my intrusion: I visited you earlier today because I thought I'd check up on how you're doing."

"Armin-san!" Petra smiles, "I thought you have your day off until today?"

"Well, I did. Something came up and we had to check if everything was fine." Armin steps inside the room and shut the door behind him. "You must've heard the ruckus a while ago, huh?"

Petra hesitantly nodded, recalling the events from earlier.

"I hope you weren't too disturbed... Doctor Zackley's patient still has ways to go."

"Oh no! It's okay, I understand!" Petra releases a short chuckle, even though her mind cursed the name Armin had mentioned. "Is Levi okay?"

"He's knocked out in the infirmary. But besides that, he's fine. His doctor's watching over him."

It took every inch of Petra's willpower not to blurt a rant out. She was still angry about what happened between Levi and his doctor.

"We had to cut our vacation short, but it's okay. At least we know you're all fine."

"Wait, you're not the only one with the day-off Armin-san?"

"No," Armin shakes his head, "I'm with a few more, including Doctor Zackley."

Petra resisted the urge to pull her hair because of the frustration building up from within her.

"She... came back here just because of Levi?"

"He wouldn't have relaxed if she didn't."

Levi is someone special to the doctor, was Petra's conclusion.

She was never this irked before in her entire life.

That doctor is a nuisance, a liar, Petra chanted in her head, Levi's supposed to be mine and she's getting in my way!

I hate her,

I hate her,

I hate her!