"Then why are you so worried?" Dorcas asked.

The blonde hesitated before she replied. "Because the way he looked at Andrea today was as if he didn't care about any of that."

The girls let the words sink in.

"She wrote to me over the summer, you know," Lily spoke quietly, looking down at her hands. Her words came as a slight shock to the other three girls; they hadn't received a single letter from their currently passed out friend. They understood, though. Getting over your first relationship was hard. Especially in Andrea's circumstances.

"What'd she say?" Alice asked, not feeling bad about Andrea's lack of contact with her. She knows what it's like to want space.

Lily finally looked up. "Well, she only wrote one letter, but she told me about how she wasn't sure if she could ever show her face again in school. She said the embarrassment was too much she couldn't take it," Lily let out a sigh. "Then she mentioned New York and how she hadn't had high hope for the trip."

"I'm glad she's happy, you know," Marlene started. "And I'm not saying this because I don't like Andrea and Aaron together - because I do, trust me I do. He's so good for her and she deserves that and so much more. But..." she trailed off, she already felt guilty for her next words even though she hadn't even said them yet.

"But that doesn't change the fact that Andrea was good for Sirius," Dorcas finished, realizing where her blonde friend was going.

"Damn."

━ ❁ ━

Andrea Kate was a confident girl. She wasn't shy and she was rarely humble about her achievements because she knew that she deserved all she got (in the most modest way possible). She was a hard worker and had set priorities. She, along with her siblings, was raised as such and Andrea didn't want to be the child to ruin those expectations.

Monica Kate graduated Hogwarts three years ago as Ravenclaw's Queen Bee and head girl. She excelled in all her O.W.L.'s and N.E.W.T.'s and currently resides in London training to be a nurse at St. Mungo's hospital.

Samuel - or Sam, as he prefers - is a seventh year Hufflepuff and the family's troublemaker. Despite that, however, he managed to claim a spot as prefect since his fifth year. He started playing as Keeper for the quidditch team in his second year and claimed the title of Quidditch team captain since his sixth. He got scouted by the Chudley Cannon's line manager and is going to play for them next year.

Andrea feels like she's another story. She isn't a prefect nor is she Gryffindor's Quidditch team captain. She does play on the team though; she's been a Chaser since her second year. She wasn't disappointed when McGonagall pointed Potter as team captain instead of her; if her superiors didn't believe her ready then she was just going to have to live with that.

She remembers Dorcas asking her if she noticed Aaron Ross before they started dating. They were both on the team and thanks to practices and games, they practically saw each other every day.

It's awkward to say in front of her boyfriend that, at the time, she only had eyes for Sirius Black. So, she stuck with a simple, "Everything happens for a reason, right?" Thankfully, her friends accepted that answer and Aaron hadn't thought into it.

Andrea was thankful for Aaron. He brought her back to herself after her 'time away' as she liked to put it. No matter how hard she tried to deny it, Sirius Black messed her up.

The first half of her summer was spent locked up in her room. She worked on herself for herself (even though her family saw right through her façade). The youngest Kate, normally full of corny jokes, energy, and fire, was heartbroken. The trip to New York was planned not long after with the intention of raising the girl's spirits (she'd always wanted to visit America) and Andrea took that as her opportunity to fix everything she possibly could.