Chapter Two: Those Damn Monkeys

|Welcome to Chapter Two |

Y/N's POV

I went through the red portal and words appeared in magic saying

"Monkey Business"

I heard the annoying woman inside my head talking about the place which appears to be a hotel. I look ahead to see what looks like, glowing, purple shards."These are called 'Soul Shards'" I listen to what they are and then I start to collect them.

387 shards later

Those monkeys were freakishly terrifying, but now they just seem quiet, I collected two more shards then headed to the, Ring Alter, I collected the ring and then I heard an angry voice saying "Hrghh... Who dares?!" I was curious but then Bierce started talking, but a noise washed over it, I looked back, and saw a huge monkey with red eyes. "You've gathered all of the soul shards. The ring piece is now exposed, and the monsters will go into a frenzy. Get to the ring piece Mr. Monkey finds you" Bierce said, I quickly ran and headed to the elevator. When the elevator opened, It was the empty dark red hallway, I sprinted down it and then heard a BANG, I turn around in the direction of the noise and then wild screeching and then another, BANG on the other side, I panic and bolt towards the red portal, "There's no escape for you. Mortal..." the angry voice said again. "Shoot! He knows you're here now, you need to escape. Get to the portal, hurry!" Bierce said, I then jumped through the portal. A huge sense of relief washed over me.

"Sigh..."

I walk over to her and she started to talk "Good! You made it. And I see you met my friend, sooner than I was expecting." She has venom in her voice... I was a bit concerned about it, but I didn't think about it too much. 'Friend?' I thought. "Bierce! Still so persistent after all this time... Do not listen to her, mortal. She's just using you. Give her the ring and there will be... Consequences." The familiar voice had said. "Consequences???" I said extremely curious. I looked at the door, it had an eye, a beautiful one at that. I stare at it for a bit... "I see you..." it said "Pay no attention to him! His powers cannot reach you here" I stare at the eye some more, trying to ignore the annoying old woman. "The ring piece. Place it on the table, now" I think about that "Uhm" is all I could say. Something was telling me not to give her the ring piece, but it was like I was magnetically attracted to giving it to her... 'what do I do now?' I thought.

After some time and muffled voices, I put the ring in the table, still a bit skeptical...

I was zoning out about that voice... 'Who are you? Do I know you? Why do you sound so familiar?' After some thinking, I snapped back to reality err, 'Reality' after Bierce started talking again. "The ring is called the Riddle of Heaven. An ironic name, don't you think? A demon's power is contained inside it: the creature of infinite cruelty that you just met. Malak." All of a sudden the word 'Malak' echoed throughout my head. 'Where have I heard that name before, it sounds so familiar... UGH!' I was frustrated at the lack of memory I have at the current moment, not even a moment later, She speaks again. "Complete the ring, and you can use Malak's power to fulfill your darkest desires...or so the legend goes" I take a deep breath and exhale. "Eight more pieces to go. Are you ready for another nightmare?"

"Great... Let's do this..."

After a short time another portal opened up, and although I didn't pay much attention to anything else, other then the raging thoughts in my head. I was getting angry at the fact that I can't remember the name, Malak...

A tiny flashback occurred but only in pictures.

This is going to be a while I said looking at the portal, dreading what is to come...

"Elementary Evil"

[Hope you enjoyed this chapter lovelies!]