"Are you listening to me?" Eleanor continued. "Leave them alone."

"Or what, huh? You're going to do something about it? Come here."

"Or you come here, and fight like a man," Eleanor remarked, deep deep inside her hoping he wouldn't approach her. She really didn't know how all of these comebacks were coming out of her mouth. The guy seemed pissed and ran towards Eleanor, the other two guys trailing behind. Eleanor formed an electric ball with her hands, and launched it to the side, hitting a few boxes near the thieves, hoping that it would scare them.

They indeed jumped, letting out a few curses here and there, but didn't seem to be scared that much.

"Well well, you really are a freak." The main guy commented, now advancing towards her slowly. "Like the red witch from the news."

Eleanor slowly took a step back, her mind rapidly looking for what to do next. She formed an electric ball once again, this time bigger, pushing them to the ground. They fell, and she signaled the family to leave. They ran towards the exit, and the mother mouthed a 'thank you' while leaving. The thieves eventually got up, and Eleanor didn't know what else to do with them. A guy went out running towards her, lunging his armed hand towards her. She dodged it and pushed him again to the ground. The other two also approached her, as a team, one from behind and one in front of her. The third one had also gotten up as the two thieves grabbed her arms.

She moved under their grip as they were pulling her towards the alley.

"We have a feisty one here guys." The main guy commented again, making the others laugh.
Both of her arms were tugged by them, and they were also pushing her.

Eleanor tried to come up with something as they all heard something land on the garbage dumpster at the end of the dark alley.

"Oh fuck, it's the spider guy again."

"Hey, you shouldn't curse in front of a lady." The masked hero added, jumping from the dumpster to the ground. Eleanor rolled her eyes at the comment.

"What do you want now?" The main guy commented, leaving Eleanor's back unattended, giving the teen the perfect chance to set herself free.

She stopped hearing what Spider-Man had answered to the thief, but she took the opportunity to lift her right hand up, placing it on one of the thieves' back, slightly electrocuting him, imitating a taser, which made him let go of her. She then turned to the other that was grabbing her arm, and kicking him in the crotch. Hurt, the guy fell down instantly to the floor.

The main guy now turned to her, walking back towards the alley, his hands extended in defeat. Eleanor formed an electric ball once again in her hand and lifted it for him to see.

"Now," she started. "Spider-Man, would you do the honor of tying this prick and the other ones to the garbage dumpster?"

"Of course, my lady."

°°°

The guys were now tied to the metal dumpster, and when Eleanor saw the job was done, she hurried to leave the scene, but a gloved hand grabbed her arm.

"Hey, you haven't even said your name yet." Spiderman was holding her arm, and she started to think of how many girls in her high school would be kicking her ass for being in this position.

"I don't need to." She replied, and struggled out of his grip, and went on walking. Eleanor thought that he had left, but ran up to her, and walked beside her.

"I mean, I'd like to, it does get kind of lonely sometimes in the Queens' hero scene." He then moved in front of her, making her stop. "Let me do it first. I'm Spider-Man."

The disguised man held out his hand, and Eleanor slowly took a step back too not be that close to him, hiding in the shadows, so her identity would still be a secret. She also realized she didn't have a name yet, it was her first day.

She shook his hand. "I don't have a name yet, and I have to leave." Eleanor walked around him and left.

Before she could be that far, she heard Spiderman ask loudly, "Will I be seeing you around?"

She stopped in her tracks, and turned around, giving a smile she knew he couldn't see. "Probably."

°°°

Eleanor closed her front door and dropped her keys on a tiny, bronze plate on the kitchen counter. She took off the scarf off her face, and let it fall into the floor. She knew her mother would be working a late shift that night, so she prepared for a night on her own. The teen texted her mom she was home safe as she approached her kitchen, looking for something to eat.

Hours later, the teenager was now lying face upward on her bed, staring at the ceiling. It felt really good helping that family, but she never, ever, ever imagined herself as a superhero. Superheroes are cool. They had amazing hair, an amazing costume, amazing powers and honestly, pretty good looking. At least, most of them. She didn't feel like she belonged in that group.

Eleanor sat down and pulled her laptop that was on her bedside table. As it turned on and opened the web searcher page, her mind went blank. She didn't even know where to start, she didn't have a clear idea of what she could wear.

Her fingers tapped along the keyboard, the page giving a result for 'superhero costume ideas'. She looked around thousands and thousands of pictures of Avenger costumes. Eleanor's eyes flickered to a Black Widow costume. She honestly kinda liked it, practical, could move or run in it without being extremely uncomfortable, but it wasn't her. She looked up tracksuits, leggings, anything. An ad about a Black Widow custom-made suit stood out to her. She dialed the number, even though it was late at night. Eleanor wasn't expecting a response until she got one.

"Lang's custom costumes, how can I help ya?"

"Uh, hi, I was wondering if I could order a custom-made Black Widow suit."

"Of course, darling, that'd be around 52 dollars."

"That's great!" The teen answered, but it really wasn't great, it was way out of her budget, but she knew that with her next request, the price would rise.

"But I have a question, is there any possibility that you can make the suit white?"

°°°

a/n: i literally can't wait for what's coming in the next chapters!! let me know what you think.

-a.