James Maddison ~ Leicester City #2

Start from the beginning

"Let's go and eat yeah," James said grabbing a few things to place them on the table. You followed his example by also grabbing a few things and taking them to the table before sitting down. You were excited to start to eat because throughout the whole time making the pancakes your stomach started grumbling so you were happy to eventually start eating. When you sat down you couldn't help but start stuffing your mouth full of pancake with your favourite toppings on it.

"When I want to smile, I know exactly what to do, I just close my eyes and think of you," James said when you were eating breakfast. You were so close to spitting your food out in shock but luckily you swallowed all of it before it could be spat out and all over him. Not knowing how to respond you leaned over the table and placed your hand onto his cheek and patted him on his cheek. You weren't used to James being this sweet to you. Making you breakfast, the flowers and now saying something like this so you patted him. James was never like this he would rather joke around with you and annoy you then say something sweet. You've been dating for 5 years and never in those 5 years has he said something that sweet. You weren't exactly someone who said sweet things either so you and James were perfect together.

"Did you just pat me?" James asked. Raising an eyebrow at you. You nodded your head shrugging your shoulders s a light blush covering your cheeks from embarrassment for what just happened.

"Idiot," James said rolling his eyes. This is the James you liked. The one who would take the absolute mick out of you for doing stupid stuff. You loved this James. Giggling yup continued to eat breakfast having a fun conversation with him. You spent the rest of the morning just cuddling on the sofa watching some more of them at series you both are in love with. And you spent the day doing that until James had to get ready to leave for his game. You were just going to watch it on TV so you stayed on the sofa watching as James rushed around trying to grab everything before Ben arrives.

"I'll see you after my game," James said kissing you passionately before the car horn went off again. Pulling away James rolled his eyes knowing how impatient Ben was and if James didn't go outside now Ben would most likely knock down the door and drag James away.

"I'll stay up just for you." You said winking at him as James walked away. James stopped in his tracks and looked like he wanted to say something but the beeping got more consistent meaning James had to go now or he would have an annoyed Ben on his hands for the whole ride. James put your his hand to wave to you before walking out that door. You sighed to yourself having to clean up some of the house since you had some spare time. You tided the house until kick-off came about and then you just watched that finding some pasta to have for tea considering it was easy. When the game was finished you tried hard to stay awake and somehow you managed to.

"I'm back," James said as soon as he opened the front door. You heard him place his bag on the floor but that was it. Usually, you hear him opening the shoe closet as well but he hadn't.

"Living room." You replied and near enough instantly James emerged in the doorway still in his full tracksuit rolled up a little bit showing his socks fully pulled up as soon as they could. He also had his trainers on as well.

"Let's go somewhere," James said to you. He was still in his Leicester tracksuit and you were in some old trackies and a jumper but considering how late it was you didn't really care about what you were wearing. You got up off of the sofa and made your way to the shoe closet and pull on a random pair of trainers. He held out his hand that you gladly took and he took you to his car making sure to close the door before anything though. You sat in the car and watched as James got in the other side and began to drive. You just put on your own music and let James drive. You let James drive to wherever he wanted not really caring at least you were with James. He drove to a hill where you could look over the whole city. It looked nice at night as all of the lights were lit up. You were staring at it amazement in your eyes. You loved views like this and James knew it better than everyone.

"Y/N," James said. Turning around at the mention of your name James was on one knee.

"I am so in love with you that I want to sign a contract that will make it harder for you to dump me," James said on one knee. You had to hold in your laugh because that was such a James thing to say to you.

"So will you marry me?" James said grabbing the ring out of his pocket. He struggled a little bit because it ended up getting stuck in his pocket. You had to try so hard to keep the laughter in. It was hard but somehow you were managing to. This proposal was just so you and James. Not serious one bit. You can't remember a time that you and James were ever serious together. Him asking you to be his girlfriend wasn't serious either. You and James were never serious with each other. It just couldn't happen.

"Wow, I'm shocked!!! So surprised. Reall- Okay, no, I knew you were going to ask me." You said trying to act shocked but it didn't work. You had your suspicions throughout the whole day that James was planning something like this because he was terrible at hiding stuff. You didn't want to say anything and ruin his surprise because when he pulls it off he gets a smile like he has on his face now and you love it. You did end up nodding your head though so he could get off of one knee. James smiled as he stood up and brought you into a kiss.

"Please never try to be serious again. It doesn't suit you." You said breathlessly to him once you pulled away from the kiss. His forehead was placed against yours as you both tried to regain your breaths from the kiss that had just happened.

"Just wait until my wedding speech my beautiful fiancée," James said to you laughing once he saw the look on your face. The look of horror was enough to get him to be a laughing mess and nearly fall on the floor. You shook your head knowing that whoever his best man was would have the most embarrassing speech of all and you couldn't wait for that blush to cover his cheeks and you make fun of him for the rest of the night. This wedding would be the best one that anyone has ever seen and you knew that. Even if it was you and James planning it.