When Harry Met Geri part 3

An AU  fic using characters created by Richard Curtis and Co  for The Vicar of Dibley.

No copyright infingement intended.

When Harry  Met Geri  part 3

Chapter 3 Village life.

The next few days, saw Geri finishing unpacking her boxes, arranging and rearranging her new home, until she was , reasonably satisfied.

Harry, and Jim Trott (from the pub) took her for walks, introducing her to

the rest of the village. Geri was pleased to be seeing the Dibley contingent of her soon to be new class.

The September School starters, would have been to visit the school, and spent time in the reception classroom. Geri was aware however, that the vital component of meeting their teacher had been missing. She had arranged with the Headmistress, to organise 3 days in the last week of August, when

each day, 10 children and their parents, could come and meet her.

The first Monday in September dawned. Geri, slightly nervous and very excited got ready. During breakfast, the telephone rang. It was Harry.

''I wanted to wish you luck for today, though I'm sure you don't need it........

Perhaps, you'll let me know how you get on?'

Geri thought about this 'What if, you come round here,

about 8 this evening. I'll cook some supper, as quits for the time you cooked for me'.

The day began with an assembly, welcoming the new children in reception class, and their new teacher Miss Grainger. Geri spent a happy day with the children, getting to know each other.

In his office in Sleepy Cottage, Harry was having problems.

He just couldn't concentrate on his work. As he looked at the numbers in front of him, he kept seeing Geri Grainger's big warm hazel eyes, looking with sympathy and understanding as he confided in her, and full of a pain he longed to kiss away as she confided in him.

He longed to get a grip. He hadn't known Geri very long, and hadn't had a serious relationship in the 3 years since the break up with Rosie.

There were also Geri's feelings to be considered. Her last boyfriend had betrayed her with her best friend. She needed to see a man as a friend she could trust. Yes, for the time being, concentrate on being her friend.

He went out for a short walk, ensuring that he did not go past Rose Cottage.

This cleared his head sufficiently, and he was able to get back to work.

By evening he was back to dithering again. What could he wear that didn't look like he thought of this as a date? He settled for jeans and a plain white shirt, leaving the top 2 buttons undone in the balmy September air.

Geri, in a long denim skirt with a dusky pink fitted t shirt, was in an infectiously good mood, waxing lyrical about her new class, only stopping when she caught sight of Harry, affectionately amused.

'Sorry........I know I go over the top'. Her embarrassment making her uncomfortable. Harry smiled warmly, giving himself the luxury of stroking

her hand. 'You love your work. That's nothing to be sorry for'.

He loved to see her childlike enthusiasm, he'd become so used to taking life too seriously. Geri was showing him the joy in simple things again.

Geri was relieved that at last someone, other than darling Letty Cropley, was not irritated by her excitement when happy. It always hurt to hear those she loved telling her to 'calm down for crying out loud........' As if being so happy was wrong!