17. 𝓢𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓣𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Start from the beginning

"Well," began Avalon ready to tell Lily about all the other stressful things going on in her life. "Sunny still won't talk to me and I have sent her a lot of letters apologising, but the thing is I don't even know why she's so upset. Rose is really sad, which I understand because she should be with her family, but it was all taken away from her, and I want to help her but I don't know how. James is like really irritatingly happy all of the time, and you know what he's like when he's happy, he's annoying. Sirius keeps whining about how even Remus has a girlfriend now and he's lonely. Mum keeps asking me when I'm going to get a boyfriend and dad keeps telling me I'm not getting a boyfriend. And worst of all we've run out of hot chocolate because Remus was here yesterday and he ran out of normal chocolate."

"Okay breathe," laughed Lily rubbing her back. She walked to her bag and pulled out a tin of hot chocolate mix, "Merry Christmas Eve. James told me that you yelled at Remus for so long you almost lost your voice. So I thought since I was on my way I'd bring you this, it was just sitting in my pantry anyway."

"I love you." Avalon gave her a hug, snatched the tin and ran out the door to the kitchen, so she could make herself a long awaited hot chocolate.

Avalon happily sipped away on her mug fiddling with the necklace Regulus had given her. It had helped a lot actually because when she had went Christmas shopping it had turned red just as she was about to leave Diagon Alley, turns out she had forgotten to buy James something. She could only imagine the show he'd have happily made if he'd gotten a gift from everyone but her - his little sister.

She had sent out the gifts she had brought her friends the day before and had revived all of hers in return. They were now sitting under the Christmas tree waiting for her to open them tomorrow morning.

"I don't know Padfoot, the last time I remember seeing it was in Peter's trunk and he cleaned out the entire thing and it wasn't there."

"I'm really worried because what if someone figures it out...hey Ava you sure you haven't-"

"If either one of you asks me if I've seen that bloody map one more time so help me god." Avalon looked at them in a way that would make them never ask her again. Once she was sure Sirius wouldn't finish his sentence she calmed down. "I think I should apologise to Remus."

"You think?" Repeated James Sarcastically, "everyone's ears were ringing after you'd finished with him."

"Guys, I think I might have found Rose," said Lily walking through the door and pointing behind her, "I was just admiring the view - you guys have a lovely garden by the way - and I saw a ball of fluffy brown hair near the tulips."

Avalon immediately went into action before the girl moved again. "Thanks Lils. The garden is all Mum by the way she loves gardening. Fun fact, James made her plant some Lilies his first Christmas back from Hogwarts."

"Aww, Prongs you big romantic." That was all Avalon heard Sirius teasingly say before she was out the back door and running towards the Tulips.

Rose was in the same position she was when Avalon had first met her. Except this time her hair was more wild and she looked just like Lily had described, a ball of fluffy brown hair.

"Rose?" The girl in question looked at her with tear stained cheeks and without a work quickly scrambled up and began to walk away. "Hang on. I understand how you feel - well actually I don't, but I want to help."