Prologue

Aria's feet move her backwards until her back is flush against his bedroom wall. She's the furthest she can go, and both of them know it. Ready to defend herself, she holds her hands out in front of her, but she knows it won't matter what she does. He's stronger than her in every way, and he knows this, too. The fear crawls up her spine, and her chest rises and falls with her quick, shallow breaths. Slowly, he takes a step forward, his expression dangerously threatening. Aria can't quite make out what he threatens, but her hands shaking assures her it cannot be good.

"Please, I didn't want this. I didn't ask for this. I didn't mean it," Aria insists, her voice wavering.

He shakes his head, and his smile terrifies Aria more than his scowl. He takes another step forward. "You did, tesoro mio. You wanted, you begged, you meant every part of this," he argues with a possessive growl to his words. He takes another step forward, and she longs for him to close the distance, for his body to be flush against hers again.

Aria gulps and shakes her head vehemently, trying to shake the dirty thoughts from her head. "No, no. Please, I was drunk. I didn't mean it," she tries the excuse again, hoping this time he'll believe the lie.

Instead, he laughs and takes another step forward, the distance between them almost diminishing. "Don't lie to me, Aria. You know you wanted this." His palm slams against the wall right beside her head. She jumps, and her arms fall to her sides, but she can't look away from him. She knows he's right. "You know you needed this." He's right again. His other hand trails faintly up her arm, reaching the cuff of her t-shirt.

"I-" she tries to rebuttal but fails. His hand creates sparks on her skin.

This can't be happening, not with him. He ducks his head and places a gentle kiss on her collarbone, next to the necklace his father gave her. Aria's mouth falls open, and she leans her head back, inviting him to kiss her more. He chuckles against her skin.

"See? You need this." He proves his statement once more when he kisses her neck and a small moan leaves her lips. He replies with his own frustrated groan, and the hand beside her head clenches into a fist. "Cazzo! You take my breath away. You are my aira."