No, that isn't what I meant. I tried to alleviate his fear, but I could still feel it thrumming through my bond with him. I simply mean I know she's important to us all. I want to meet before emotions run too high and something happens. If Sang is pushed the wrong way, if she feels like she's causing problems, she will run.

I could feel them all thinking that through. Agreement came back.

She's always trying to find an excuse to leave, Silas responded, sounding sullen. I refuse to lose her.

We won't, I send out, adding an extra layer of Alpha power to it to stress my point. If she ran, we'd bring her back. We'd make her understand that we're there for her, that she was no longer alone and that she didn't need to stand alone against her enemies. For now, let's help her by taking down this fighting ring.

They all sent their agreements and silence once again fell across my mind. I could practically feel their thoughts whirling. At this moment, there was no doubt that everyone was thinking about Sang and who she was to each of us.

I was almost afraid to voice the truth that blared at me. If it were true, I didn't know what kind of solution could be made that would keep my pack together. They'd tear themselves apart for her if given the chance.

The rest of the ride was fast and we pulled into a gravel parking lot. Others were already there, their energy pressing against me.

Another Alpha. We'd be lucky if we didn't try to challenge each other.

I got out first, the others staying back until I approached the waiting Alpha and shook his hand. Once the greeting was over, doors popped open and the others joined. Alpha Toma shook Alpha Deter's hand too.

Alpha Deter was a powerful man, large, wide, with scars lining his face and down his arms. It took a lot to scar a shifter like that.

Sang's energy rose as she came closer. I could hear her taking in a breath, noting that the man before us was another Alpha. Her shoulder brushed against mine and I hid my shock that she was willing to get so close to me like this on her own.

Sang never cowers, Sean sent me.

I fought a smile at that. Of course. I expect nothing less from her.

"Alpha Blackbourne, Alpha Toma, thank you for bringing us into this mission," Alpha Deter said. Something dark flashed in his eyes before he carefully hid it away before the others noticed. But I was familiar with that darkness and knew exactly what it was.

Rage.

He couldn't wait to get in there and tear everyone apart.

"Of course," I said politely. "You've received all the details, correct?"

He nodded. "The council gave us permission to kill on sight?"

"Yes. We don't want anyone getting away. If we can get people alive, that's fine, but not a requirement." I stepped to the side to give Sang a clearer view. "This is Sang. She was one of their hostages before she was able to escape. She will be able to help us identify them. Our main targets are the leaders."

Alpha Deter looked Sang over slowly and my body stiffened as I went on edge. I held back a growl. The rest of my pack responded the same way, stiffening as they held themselves back from snapping at an Alpha showing attention to Sang.

Sang stared at the Alpha long and hard, not backing down. A spark of defiance entered her eyes and she straightened, her lip curling into a snarl.

I smiled. Her Alpha side came to the forefront and it took all my restraint from claiming her right there. Heat spread through me and a new awareness prickled along my skin as her energy rose and rose. She was so powerful.