2 - Walking Corpse

Finally I break the hug.

"Are you okay?"

I put on a smile, even though I'm concerned the poison might still be in his system.

"Yes, I'm okay now."

Tomioka-san stands up, he appears to be totally unscathed. Maybe the poison didn't come into effect?

He stares away from me with his normal glare.

"Were you crying?"

My eyes widen, did he see?

"I.."

I look away, not knowing whether to deny or admit it.

Would he hate me if he knew?

"I shall depart now, Tomioka-san."

I jump into the air, knowing he wouldn't chase me. I'm.. displeased with how I handled that. I should have smiled and denied it, Kanae will be disappointed.

I walk into the butterfly mansion, immediately greeted by Aoi's concerned face.

"Is Giyu-kun with you?"

I doubt she would have been able to treat him even if I did bring him here, my medication was the only way.

"Nope! However he was able to stand up after I used my medication on him!"

I say in a cheerful voice as I lift up a finger.

"His body was able to combat the poison, surprisingly."

That really is shocking, someone like Tomioka-san able to combat such a strong poison.

"So.. Everything is settled?" Aoi puts her hands on her hips as she raises an eyebrow.

"Ah.. Yes."

She walks off to take care of another injured person, I take a deep breath.

I lied.

Normally, the person wakes up with an immense feeling of energy almost immediately after the medication is put into their system.

Even the slightest bit of this medicine is enough to send the average person into a sugar high.

I was told the dosage I put into Tomioka-san was a lot more than the average amount..

....yet he didn't wake up immediately. He woke up ruffled after a few minutes.

So.. I fear he might be a walking corpse at this point.

Unpromised ( Giyu × Shinobu ) : REVISITEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara