Chapter 2: Your Past

~2 weeks later~

"Hajime!" I shouted as I called for my brother.

He looked at me out of breath from running, "What is it?"

I pulled him out of the gym, "We have a problem."

He rolled his eyes, "Which is?"

I puffed my cheeks at his forgetfulness, "Mom and Dad's anniversary Hajime."

He froze, "Crap and we have to plan the party while auntie and uncle distract them."

I nodded and when we went to leave Oikawa bump into us, "Where are you going?"

We froze at first, but when we saw it was Tooru we told him everything. He smirked and offered his help, "Thanks Tooru!" I hugged him and when I realized what was happening I stopped and we both blushed.

~Iwazumi's POV~

They were blushing like idiots, when is he gonna ask her out? Unless he wants my permission since I'm his friend. He really does have honor. No nevermind he's just a coward.

"Guys, have a couples session later, we need to get this done in 5 hours," I said and both started blushing but got over it quickly. We devised a plan and now we have to put it to work.

~Your POV~

Stupid Hajime, why did he say that we're a couple? Tooru would be 6ft deep in the ground. Tooru made conversation with me. After all, he is my friend, just friends. I don't need more betrayal.

Although he's nice to me, he never lies, he's cute. But, if he finds out about my past he won't be so kind. I told Hajime a week ago.

Flashback

"Hajime can we talk for a sec?" Today I'll tell him everything. We sat down in front of each other, "Hajime I-"

"Like Oikawa?" He cut in.

"Yes, but..." I realized what I just answered and blush hard. "Hajime I-"

"It's okay." He said, you're too shocked to speak so he continues, "I knew from the first day. You guys are perfect for each other."

"But, I can't," I replied, every word heavy as it fell out my mouth. He tilted his head and asked why. I answered, "I can't trust another person like that again. And if he knew my past..."

He placed his hand on my shoulders, "Tell me."

I started telling him everything, "I'm going right to the point, when I arrived in America I met a boy named James and he was sweet to me and he liked me and I liked him. So in our 1st year of high school, he asked me out. I said yes and we dated till our second year. But, he tried to get me involved in a gang to steal and offer my body, and when I refused he dumped me. Two days later he was with another girl. 3 weeks later we found out she was pregnant no one knew who the father was and no one cared because all her friends warned her. Her mother kicked her out. 2 days after he asks for help and I threw the door in his face and I barely saw him after. One day, James came to my door and asked for help and I agreed. The girl was in labor a month early the baby was born and about an hour later a man barged in, killed the girl, the baby, and James I was hiding so they never found me. Turns out, they were from the gang he tried to get me to join up and he stole from them to provide for his girlfriend and... child. That was after I closed the door in their faces. That cost him his life, his girlfriend's, and his daughter's. He deceived me, lied to me, used me, nearly got me killed, but he still trusted me. If I would've helped before they would still be alive."

Hajime had his eyes wide open and hugged me, I let out my tears for the first time. What did I do to deserve a brother like Hajime?

End Flashback

That's why, if Tooru finds out he'll hate me. I can't get close or get attached.

We arrived at the house and I started decorating and Hajime went to buy the food to cook and the cake. So of course, I'm stuck with Tooru by myself decorating for my parents' 25th anniversary of their marriage. What could possibly go wrong?