"Yeah, I'll stay over for tonight. I'll just use the couch," Mike responded with a smile, and Beverly nodded her head and gave a thumbs up.

Eddie stood up from his comfortable place on the sofa, causing Beverly, Mike, and Stan to look at him curiously. His hand was clasped in Richie's, whom he tugged up after himself.

Their hands were a bit shaky with the energy of the excitement of finally being together, being able to do this.

"Richie and I are gonna go look at my room," He announced, beginning to pull Richie in the direction of the hall in the apartment where his room was. Beverly turned to Stan and raised an eyebrow knowingly.

"But we were just in your room—?" Mike asked, but Eddie quickly cut him off by sharply repeating himself before shutting the door behind him. Mike went to voice his confusion, but from the expression on Bev's face, he quickly came to the realization. "Oh."

He silently thanked God that they didn't decide to kiss right in the living room, because he really didn't want to see anything like what he saw in the parking lot ever again.

In Eddie's room, they both sat down on the bed, shyly staring at each other like a pair of nervous preteens.

Eddie's cheeks were tinted a cute pink that contrasted his dark freckles, and Richie couldn't help but smile at that.

It seemed like Eddie was always so cute that it made his heart soar, and he slowly leaned forward and pressed their lips together gently. His hands, much paler than Eddie's, trailed up Eddie's arm before settling on his shoulder.

Eddie could feel his fingers tightening into the muscles of his shoulder blade, almost kneading like a purring kitten, and his own hands slowly moved up to hold Richie's face.

A warm feeling of contentment settled in his belly as he pushed closer to Richie; it was a feeling that was sort of white-hot but also icy cold, like being simultaneously iced and burnt.

It was similar to the feeling from his childhood of settling in a warm bath after playing in the snow, his toes sore and red and numbingly cold; except now that feeling was in his tummy, and it didn't hurt.

It felt sweet, chaste, gentle. It felt like he was cared for in a genuine way; in a way that his mother never cared for him, in a way that his father never got a chance to.

He felt genuinely safe in that moment, as if a bulletproof shell wrapped over his body, leaving him invincible to any harm.

Richie's skin was hot beneath his palms where they'd pressed against his neck, playing with the bit of curls that trailed there.

Eddie moved his hands to Richie's shoulders, giving a gentle but stern push as he pulled away. His heart soared in the moment that Richie chased his mouth before pulling away with a soft hum.

"I love you," Eddie voiced, his mouth only inches away from Richie's. The latter didn't just hear the words, but felt them against his lips, the whisper of a promise.

Love truly was a promise; a promise of safety, and a promise of caring in the best way they knew how to.

And some people, like Eddie's mother, hadn't known how to care in good ways. They were accidentally cruel, a mistake in an attempt for giving the person they loved the best life possible.

Love wasn't always perfect, and love wasn't always happy and smiles and cute cheek kisses and hand-holding.

Love was fire, love was passion, love was a raging sea of emotions at the sight of someone mistreating the person they so admired.

Love was sorrow, love was tears. Love was being forced to let go when you want nothing but to hold on, to grasp onto this love with all of the life within you.

Eddie thought perhaps he would die for Richie; perhaps that's what love was.

Love was selfless and selfish simultaneously. Being selfish to not want to live without them, and being selfless enough to give your life to keep them alive.

"I love you," Richie said, and it was enough to make Eddie cry before him, pulling him into a hug that was enough to cause Richie to falter in shock.

Still, he settled his hands around Eddie's back and held him close, comforting him with gentle movements of his hands against Eddie's back.

"I just love you so much," Eddie said softly, laughing just a bit, following with a sniffle. "Sorry, this is ridiculous."

Richie laughed a bit, but not teasingly. "Hey, it's okay, I love you," He said, and he meant it.

Liked by eddiekaspbrak and 1,379,827 others

trashm0uth reunited finally 🥺🥺 my angel baby i love him so much ,,, absolutely the Only Boy Ever . thank u for taking this picture bevvie mwah bevzmarsh

View 1,103,278 more comments

bevzmarsh aw i love my boyfriends
mikeyhanlon aw i love polytheistic relationships x
trashm0uth p. polytheistic.
eddiekaspbrak yes our relationship does have more than one god
mikeyhanlon wait is that not what. polytheistic means
bevzmarsh it's,, not, baby.... you mean polyamorous ....

kaspbraq i'm so happy for you guys !!!!

edstozier2 AW !!! so cute!!!!!!

stanuris I'm surprised she managed to capture an image where they weren't liplocking.
trashm0uth LIPLOCKINGHSKSJS ok grandma

eddiekaspbrak i love you baby!!!!!!
trashm0uth eds baby!!!!! i love u!!!!!!
kaspbraq AW TBEY CALL EACH ORHER BABY this hurts some1 get me a gf that loves me like richie and eddie love each other