Book 1: Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

"Harmony, Rose, get out of there!" the Doctor yells to us.

"De Maggio, take the civilians and get them out alive. That is your job, got that?" the guard guy tells De Maggio and she nods.

"Wait, but you can't fight it, it won't work" I try to reason with him but he ignores me and makes me leave.

We start to run and eventually we get to some more guards.

"Civilians! Let them through!" De Maggio yells to them as we run through the incoming phalanx of guards.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

We finally reach the stairs and Rose smirks. "Stairs! That's more like it. It hasn't got legs. It's stuck!"

"It's coming! Get up!" De Maggio says and we make our way up the stairs and I try to go higher put Rose pulls me back as the Dalek makes an appearance.

"Great big alien death machine defeated by a flight of stairs." Adam says happily and I glare at him still trying to pull Rose up more.

"We should go, it is not going to be stopped by a bunch of stairs, nothing can stop it, except nearly a Jammie Dodger though that didn't work well, but that is beside the point." I say and Rose looks at me like I'm crazy. "Oh forget it, you see for yourself and I will tell you 'I told you so' later.

"Now listen to me. I demand that you return to your cage. If you want to negotiate then I can guarantee that Mister van Statten will be willing to talk. I accept that we imprisoned you and maybe that was wrong, but people have died, and that stops right now. The killing stops. Have you got that? I demand that you surrender. Is that clear?" De Maggio says holding her gun up pointing it at the Dalek.

"Elevate." The Dalek says as it glides up the stairs.

"Oh my God." Rose breathe out in horror realizing I was right.

"Adam, get them out of here." De Maggio tells us but Rose starts to protest.

"Come with us. You can't stop it." she tries to connive her, but can't.

"Someone's got to try. Now get out! Don't look back. Just run." De Maggio tells us and I grab Rose's hand and pull her up the stairs.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

We run up into the one room where the commander guy is and he yells to his men. "Hold your fire! You three, get the hell out of there!" he yells at us as we run past a guard at the entrance. The Dalek enters, turns and zooms in on my face. Great, now it is looking at me.

"It was looking at Harmony" Rose says and squeezes my hand tightly.

"Yeah, it wants to slaughter us." Adam says scared.

"I know, but it was looking right at her" she tells him confused as to why.

"So? It's just a sort of metal eye thing. It's looking all around." Adam says unhappy that she was talking and we weren't going anywhere.

"I don't know. It's like there's something inside, looking at me, like, like it knows her." Rose says unbelieving

"Yea, because it's my fault that it is now fine and great Rose, okay, let's just go please" I tell her well more like beg her wanting to get at least her to safety.

Once we were on the stair again Rose's phone goes off and she picks it up breathing heavily.

"This isn't the best time." Rose breathes out still running up me behind her.

"Where are you two?" I hear him ask her.

"Level forty nine." Rose breathes out.

"You've got to keep moving. The vault's being sealed off up at level forty six." the Doctor says and I groan.