"...but what about my-"

"Figure it out yourself." Mike cut me off and I groaned.

***

Y/N's POV

"Hey, Alyssa!" I greeted her as she opened the door to the house she had given the address to.

"Hi...I didn't know you were going to visit right away." Alyssa awkwardly stood there.

"Can I come in?" I asked her, raising up an eyebrow.

"Oh- uh, yeah sure." Alyssa stuttered.

"Anyway, it's Valentine's day and we both don't have Valentines, so of course I came right away! We have to think of something fun to d- OH! You have to come with me, I'm going to show you something!" I grabbed her hand, ran outside her house and helped her up on my bike.

"What's with you dragging me everywhere recently?" Alyssa asked in annoyance.

"Can't I hangout with my dear friend?" I asked her and she winced for some reason.

"I mean, sure, but can't you hangout with your dear friend without dragging her?" She responded.

"Nope!" I said as we drove to a place.

***

"Welcome to the quarry! I used to hangout with my friends as kids all the time here." I put the bike to stand as Alyssa got off.

"Wow, this place looks gorgeous!" Alyssa exclaimed, looking around.

"It sure is..."

"Hey, let's jump in there!" Alyssa grabbed my hand and ran towards the edge of the cliff. I tried to hold her back in panic, but I failed as we both fell into the water below.

I tried swimming out of the water, but my panic state froze me and I couldn't get out. I felt myself almost fall unconscious before I saw a blurry Alyssa pulling me out of the water.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know you couldn't swim!" Alyssa frantically apologized, she looked mildly afraid.

"It's fine, see? I'm alive!" I exclaimed, splashing her as she had released me from her grip.

"Wait, I thought you couldn't- nevermind." She mumbled.

"Happy lonely Valentine's day!" I laughed as I kept on splashing her until she got pissed off. She started splashing me back. We were both laughing like maniacs as we both splashed in the water.

"Wait, actually not that lonely. Richie wrote me a poem." I told her, recalling this morning.

"Oh, uh- Y/N about that-" Alyssa stopped on whatever she was about to say.

"What? What is it?"

"I...I- um...I kind of wrote the poem." She explained.

"W-what, but you're a-"

"A what, Y/N?! A girl?!" She harshly glared at me.

"Yeah..." I responded and we just looked at each other in silence.

"Y/N, I like girls. To your unfortune, I like you, but I see that clearly you don't feel the same way, so I'm just going to pretend like this never happened." Alyssa confessed. I was speechless.

"I- Alyssa!" I tried to get her to stay, but she was swimming away so I grabbed her by the arm.

"I don't know how I feel about you, yet, but I know for sure I don't want to ever stop being friends with you. You're an amazing person, Alyssa. You really are." I explained, but she harshly grabbed her hand back and continued swimming away.

I sighed. What a Valentine's day!

***

It was 2AM and I just couldn't fall asleep. My mind kept repeating Alyssa's words over and over again. Was the feeling I felt attraction? For example, the day I felt extremely angry when Greta's boyfriend harassed Alyssa. I was furious.

I had to admit, Alyssa was beautiful...like really beautiful and amazing. I did feel attracted to her, but I couldn't like girls! That was considered disgusting and wasn't accepted by society. I mean, if we did get together, we could hide it from others, but how long would it take for the truth to be found out? I wasn't willing to take the risk, but my body wasn't allowing me to sleep either way, so I got up from my bed, opened my bedroom's window and stepped out into the chilly weather. I was still in my pyjamas.

I searched for my bike in the dark and once my eyes kind of adjusted to the dark, I drove towards Alyssa's house. Would she still be mad at me by now? Would she think it was a joke? I stopped my thoughts and just focused on driving.

***

I threw rocks I found at Alyssa's bedroom window (which I located, because the light was still on for some reason and I saw her). Her bedroom was on the second floor. She finally noticed me and opened her window and since I was in the process of throwing rocks, I accidentally hit her with one.

"Ow! What the hell do you want?!" She whispered out of the window.

"Can you let me in? We need to talk." I pleaded her.

"We already talked. What good would it do, if we did it again?" Alyssa crossed her arms.

"Please, besides I made all this way to your house at 2AM and it's chilly, so you have to let me in anyway." I begged and she sighed, giving in.

"Fine, but how are you going to get up here?" She asked me and I froze for a few seconds. I didn't think about that.

"Do you own a magical unicorn, by chance?"

"What?! No!"

"Was worth a shot." I sighed.

"I do have some ladders in my garage or you know, you could get in from my front door, since my parents aren't home." Alyssa looked at me with an amused look.

"I'll pick the second option. I'm not exactly a fan of having the chance to break my back."

***

"What did you want to speak about?" Alyssa asked me as we entered her bedroom.

"Oh, Alyssa, doll, sweetie pie, baby, dear-"

"Get to the point." Alyssa cut me off.

"Jesus, you're no fun. Anyway, basically I like you too." I confessed. She looked taken aback.

"Wait, you do?" Alyssa had a hopeful expression.

"Yeah, I needed some time to think and I think I've made up my mind. I really do feel attraction towards you, but how are we going to hide it from everyone? Almost nobody accepts people liking the same ge-" I got cut off by Alyssa running up to me. She hushed me by smashing her lips on mine desperately. The kiss felt good, so I kissed back.

"It doesn't matter what they think. We can make through this together." Alyssa reassured me when she pulled away from the kiss.

"I adore you."

***

I hope you enjoyed my Valentine's day special chapter and if you're single or alone on this day then I hope it at least brightened your mood.