Richie's POV

"No, it wasn't- fucking hell! What have I done?!" I exclaimed, kicking the first thing that came in contact with my foot. It was the lockers, so I stubbed my toe. I tried hard not to use profanities, because there were small kids passing by.

What the hell have I done? What will she think of me now? What if she doesn't feel the same way and will just write a platonic note? I just hope she misunderstand the letter somehow and thinks I wrote it in a platonic way.

Y/N's POV

I made my way to English, thinking of what I could write to Richie. Honestly, nobody had ever given me anything on Valentine's day, so this was quite a pleasant surprise. We've been best friends for a long time, so I guessed the letter was platonic.

"Hi, Alyssa!" I greeted her happily. She reverted her gaze from me.

"You seem happy today." She stated.

"Yeah, well no shit. Richie wrote me a letter when I never get letters on Valentine's day, so yes I think I'm pretty damn happy right now." I explained.

"Oh, that's cool." She simply replied.

"What about you? Have you gotten any letters?" I asked her.

"No, not really." She answered and then we just kind of sat in awkward silence as the classroom began filling with students and the lesson started.

You know, you think you know English, but then the lesson exists and then everything just goes downhill.

***

I couldn't find Richie anywhere, so I couldn't give him my sloppily written poem. It was fine, though, I'd give it to him tomorrow or I could put it in his mailbox when I'll be on my way home. Yeah, I'll probably leave it in his mailbox.

I went over to my bike, hopped on it and made my way to Richie's house. All lessons had ended finally.

When I got to Richie's house, there was still nobody there, so I put the letter in his mailbox and drove home.

***

Richie's POV

"So you're saying...that someone wrote a poem for Y/N and she thought it was you who wrote it?" Mike asked me for the hundredth time.

"YES, THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU THIS WHOLE TIME!" I yelled out in annoyance.

"Why do you want her to think it isn't you? Don't you like her? This could be a huge step forward, if you do."

"I DON'T LIKE HER! SHE'S MY FUCKING BEST FRIEND FOR GOD'S SAKE! Anyway, how do I explain it to her now? She already walked away, assuming it was me who wrote it." I begged for Mike's advice.

"Why did she assume, though?" Mike asked me.

"I may have complimented her at the wrong time..." I mumbled. Mike grinned.

"So you do like her!" Mike nudged me with an over-exaggerated flirty look.

"No! What?! She was just asking who would even send a Valentine's day gift to her and I thought she felt insecure, so I called her amazing and said: Who wouldn't send a Valentine's day card to you." I defended.

"Yeah, you're screwed, buddy. That straight up sounds like you're obsessed."

"Wha- how?!"

"Anyway, I got to go back to my work. I'll see you later." Mike got up and went back inside the library.