Chapter 3: Goddess of Spirit

Mulai dari awal

Nives took a moment to think about what Amanda was saying, then went, "Oh- that!"

She took her hand and slapped it onto Amanda's shoulder. "Don't be such a drama queen, it's not a love letter."

Amanda heard what she said and paused looking confused.

She didn't get it.

"I don't get it,"

"She doesn't get it, Nives." Judy elaborated.

Nives didn't get that she didn't get it, then went on, "Uh you see, Jeyne's-"

The queen of all queens,

Goddess of Spirit,

Rumour goes, 'if you want to heal your soul, have a bout with her.'

And so Ronny did.

On the school rooftop. Stood me and Ronny.

The wind is pretty strong today. Our shirts, my black ribbon and his black tie, my green skirt and his grey trousers were all fighting the wind as the flapped from the air pressure. The sky is gold. It was pretty.

It was perfect for a match!

I was looking at him, very-very nervously.

"U-umm..." I said.

It was really weird to receive a challenge letter, but I did and I always like receiving them.

It has a few rules. First it has to be in a pink envelope, next it has to have a red heart sticker and finally, the letter must only tell me the time and place, or I will ignore it. No questions asked.

Today it was the rooftop, and it was 3.30 PM.

3.30 PM was 5 minutes away. And I was really nervous, minutes before a match always puts you in this mood, I could never get used to it.

I looked at Ronny from 7 feet away, he was standing with a nice pose, sturdy and upright. Now that I think about it, "He's kinda hot." I can feel my face getting a bit red, okay, let's not think about it anymore.

He started blushing too, and I wondered why, then he told me as he took his hand to scratch his neck, "Uh... thanks for the compliment."

I paused, my face didn't, it got redder. I knew what I spoke out loud.

I felt like I was going to explode. And I wish I did.

'AAAHHHHHH' I heard my internal screaming.

OKAY, 2 minutes away.

I asked Ronny, in hopes of changing the topic, "Say um, Ronny? Have you ever fought before?"

"No, I've only ever played tennis"

"That's probably why I'm here" he murmured silently. I heard it.

I didn't know how Ronny felt, I didn't know why Ronny wanted a match, and I didn't know why anyone fights me to be honest. I guess they just like it as much as I do. Fighting is fun.

I didn't know anything but Ronny had that face, he had that look that told me everything.

He needed help.

So I'll just do my best to help. Fighting is something that cures the heart. We talk with our fists.

"You're going to love it!"