Chapter 7

"Chucky, drop the-!" you began to shout.
  Startled, he accidentally sliced with the knife, grazing your outstretched hand in the process. You yelped and stumbled backwards, watching as blood began to bubble from beneath the skin.
  "(Y/n)! Are you okay?" Chucky cried, scrambling down from the counter and racing over to you.
  "Yeah, I'm fine. Lemme just go get a bandaid," you replied, hurrying to the bathroom and washing the cut before sticking a bandaid on top. When you returned, Chucky was still standing where you had left him, a miserable look on his face.
  When he heard you approaching, he stepped back a few feet.
  "I'm sorry, (Y/n), I didn't mean to hurt you! Please don't get rid of me! I don't wanna go away, I wanna stay here with you!" he wailed.
  "Chucky, hey, it's okay! I know you didn't mean to hurt me. I'm not gonna get rid of you, just calm down," you quickly soothed him, dropping to your knees and grabbing his shoulders.
  "B-but Andy got rid of me when I was bad, and now you're gonna get rid of me, too!"
  "No, I'm not! Chucky, sweetheart, please just listen to me," you reached out and cradled his soft, silicon face in your hands. "I'm not gonna get rid of you, okay? I will never, ever get rid of you. You're my best friend. Best friends don't stop being friends over silly things. Maybe Andy didn't think that way, but I do. You have nothing to worry about."
  You tenderly placed him in your lap and wrapped your arms around him protectively. A hand strung through his ginger hair.
  "I just," he murmured, his voice muffled, "I just don't wanna say goodbye to you, too."
  "You won't have to, baby. You won't have to," you assured him.
  After a few moments of comfortable silence, you glanced down at him.
  "I know what happened between you and Andy was tough, but maybe it would help to talk about it?" you suggested gently.
  Hesitantly, he nodded in agreement.
  Picking him up, you went to the couch and sat down with him in your lap. Once settled, he looked up at you shyly as if to ask for permission to speak, to which you smiled and gave a nod.
  He told you everything. From the moment he and Andy met, to the final showdown in which he was presumably killed. He explained in detail his feelings and emotions that led to his murders, and how he knew it was wrong now. He told you how much it hurt to realize that he couldn't please Andy. You listened carefully without uttering a word, stroking his hair as he shakily recalled all that had been done to him.
  Once he was finished, he just sat in silence, his usually happy freckled face now pulled down in the saddest frown imaginable. You knew that if he could, he would be crying.
  You lifted him closer to your chest and brought your knees up so that he was cocooned against you.
  "You poor baby," you murmured. "I... I'm so sorry all of that happened to you, but I promise, it's all over now. You don't have to be scared anymore. I'll protect you. I'll always be here with you from now on, because you're my best friend now."
  Chucky raised his head to gaze up at you.
  "We'll be together... forever?"
  "Forever," you echoed.
He said nothing for a moment, then moved to wrap his arms around your neck.
  "You're my b-best buddy, (Y/n)," he whispered.
  You smiled and squeezed him tighter. "You're my best buddy, too, Chucky," you replied.
                                      -THE END-