1: THE BEGINNING

Beginne am Anfang

°°°

The fifteen-year-old was now standing in front of the huge high school, her hands trembling on her sides, and her eyes focused on the doors. Classes were about to start, but for some reason unknown to her, she couldn't feel like making the first step. She took a small, deep breath, caressed the gem of her necklace for a bit, and placed one foot after the other. After a few minutes and entering two wrong classrooms, she found the one that resembled the description the lady at the desk told her. She opened the door lightly and noticed the class had already begun. The teacher turned to her. Eleanor hadn't opened the door that much, so she was glad she couldn't see the entire class's eyes on her. 

The teacher came near her: she was a middle-aged woman, with beautiful, dark-colored skin and curly hair assembled in a long bob haircut. "May I help you?" She asked since the teen was interrupting her physics class.

"Um, I'm sorry I'm late, but I'm new here, Mrs- " She checked her schedule rapidly. "Mrs. Warren, my name is Eleanor-" and before the young one could continue, she was cut off. 

"Oh, yes, you must be Eleanor Page. I heard what had happened to your father. I was an admirer of his work." The woman gave a sad smile. "Anyways, come on in, you're welcome here." Mrs. Warren then opened the door all the way and she finally saw how she had grabbed the attention of the entire student body inside that classroom.

Eleanor quickly examined around in search of a small desk, and she found one on the bottom right corner of the room. She walked rapidly to it and sat down, and she was crossing her fingers, praying, doing absolutely any prayer possible to the universe, Gods, anyone who could stop the teacher from presenting her to the entire class. 

"Well kids," Eleanor then closed her eyes for a small fraction of time, accepting her defeat and feeling her nervousness spread from her stomach to all of her body. "We have a new face here. Her name is Eleanor Page, you may talk to her at the end of class." Mrs. Warren pointed at Eleanor with an open hand and everyone turned to her. The girl just gave a small smile and the teacher continued with her lesson.

The class eventually ended, and Eleanor waited for the whole class to leave first before she could head to her other classroom. She got up, and after chatting with the teacher for a bit, she left the room. Reaching for her back pocket and feeling the small paper with the security code on it inside, she went off to look for her locker. 

She got locker 1185, which wasn't that hard to find. She opened her empty locker and after dropping her backpack to the ground, she started filling the empty metal space with notebooks and books. The girl was so focused on piling her books that she didn't notice the user of the locker on her left had arrived, opening the metal door and taking some books out. 

She heard two boys speaking beside her, as she examined her schedule on her phone. She frowned and pulled up the courage to talk to the boys beside her. Eleanor raised her head and noticed the boys weren't on her left anymore, but as she turned to her right, she saw a girl ordering things on her locker as well. 

The teen closed the locker and advanced towards the girl. She had darker skin, with curly, brown hair tied into a lazy ponytail. She looked unamused into her locker, which made Eleanor hesitate. 

"Um, hi." Eleanor gained the attention of the other teen, who turned to look at her just as unamused. "I'm new here, and in my schedule, it says I should go to this room but I don't know where that is." She tilted the phone so the girl could analyze it.