"Fine. Who the hell's your niece?" Marcel scoffs, rolling his eyes. He turns to leave without waiting for an answer, but Kieran speaks up.

"Cami," Kieran says. Marcel stops in his tracks and considers this news for a moment, before huffing in frustration and leaving.

***

It was nighttime, and Hayley and Sophie are just returning to Sophie's truck.

"Those people, all this, because of a vision about my baby you don't think is true?" Hayley asked.

" Look, I love Sabine, but she's the witch equivalent of a drama queen. I've learned to take little stock in whatever she says or sees. Just kinda wish she'd kept her mouth shut," Sophie said. 

"The Harvest ritual-- you said you didn't believe in it. Were you right?" Hayley asked again.

"No. I saw it with my own eyes. It was working. It was real," Sophie told her. 

"So, how can you be so sure Sabine's vision isn't?" Hayley responded. However, Sophie looked away, not having an answer to that question.

***

Amelia was already back at her hotel room, when Rebekah called her. 

"Hello?" Amelia croaked. Her voice was shot due to the amount of crying that she had done. 

"Oh my god, Amelia are you okay?" Rebekah asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired," Amelia responded. On the other end Rebekah rolled her eyes. 

"What happened?" The blonde asked. 

"It's kinda a long story," Amelia said, hoping to avoid the subject. 

"I've got time," Rebekah said. Amelia winced and moved to sit on her couch. 

"Fine. I went to see the witch that put my masking spell on me, because if something is wrong with the witch that did the spell, then the mask will falter. That's what was happening when it was flickering. I got to her house, and found her being kidnapped by some vampires. It was obvious that she had been tortured," Amelia began. Rebekah listened as Amelia explained the events that took place while she was gone. When she was done, Rebekah's eyes were wide. 

"I'm so sorry, Amelia," Rebekah said. "Is your mask still up, at least?"

"Yeah, my mask is still up. But I'm not sure for how long. Eventually it will wear off because Rhea's dead," Amelia said. Rebekah nodded, in sympathy with her friend. 

"Well, when it does we'll figure something out. Can't you get another witch to do it?" Rebekah asked. 

"Hypothetically yes, but it would have to be a different one. My mask right now can only be woven and repaired by witches in Rhea's bloodline, and unfortunately all of them are now gone. Her ancestors have been keeping my mask on for a thousand years. If I want another witch to cast the spell, the mask will have to be different," Amelia explained. Rebekah nodded, processing that information. 

"Well that's not important right now. When the time comes we'll figure something out," Rebekah assured her. 

"Thanks Beks," Amelia said. 

"Anytime," Rebekah replied.

***

Amelia was now over at the Mikaelson Mansion listening to Rebekah and Hayley's conversation as Rebekah poured some drinks. 

"I don't care if we have to get you a leash, that was your last trip to the Bayou. What is it with you and those wolves, anyway?" Rebekah asked. Amelia rolled her eyes, at Rebekah's suggestion but she shared the concern about her friend.

" I feel like we're connected somehow. I don't know. Maybe it's just some pipe dream that I have of finding any real family out there. But sometimes, when I feel like it's me against the world, it keeps me going," Hayley said. Amelia downed her drink, and poured herself another. Rebekah gives Hayley a sympathetic look and hands her a drink. Hayley side-eyes her and Amelia raises an eyebrow. Rebekah suddenly remembers that Hayley is pregnant and can't drink, so she drinks Hayley's glass of bourbon in one gulp before pouring her own.

"Oh, right. Well, if you ask me, family is a pain in the behind," Rebekah said. Both of the other girls roll their eyes.

"And as for being in it alone, how dare you? I don't ruin a perfectly fabulous pair of boots traipsing through the Bayou for just anyone," Rebekah says.

"Yeah, and you know that I'll always be here for you Hays," Amelia told the brunette. Hayley smiles, and Rebekah downs her second drink. Their conversation is interrupted by Klaus walking through the front door. Amelia lets out a sigh when her ex lover walks in the room. 

"Nik, finally! What-" Rebekah was cut off by Elijah walking through the door. There was a wide smile on his face. All three women's eyes widen, and Rebekah runs towards him and throws her arms around her brother. Elijah peers over Rebekah's shoulder and makes eye contact with Amelia, before looking over at Hayley. Amelia sees the small smile that the two share, but she is confused when Hayley leaves the room immediately following.

"Elijah! You're safe! Now that you're home, is your first plan to kill Niklaus?" Rebekah asks, jokingly. 

"Excuse me just a moment," Elijah said smiling. Elijah walks off, in the direction of Hayley. Amelia raises an eyebrow. 

"Where's he going?" The masked Original asked. It was like the siblings had just remembered she was there. Both of the siblings shrugged. 

***

Later, the Mikaelson siblings, Amelia, and Hayley sit in the study, where Elijah stands behind the desk and explains everything that he has learned from Davina that day.

"Everything that brought us here to New Orleans was a lie. This story that Sophie Deveraux fabricated, this struggle for control of the French Quarter, this war between vampires and witches, wasn't over territory at all, this was over Davina

Flashback

In the back room of Rousseau's, Jane-Anne and Sophie are both sobbing and arguing shortly after the failed attempt at the Harvest ritual.

"I swear, I had no idea that the Harvest could possibly be real!" Sophie cried hysterically. 

"But the one thing that you were sure of is that I was wrong, and that I would risk Monique's life on a maybe. And now my daughter is dead," Jane-Anna sobbed. 

"Please tell me how to fix this," Sophie begged her sister.

"Now that Marcel has Davina, how we are even supposed to find her? If we don't finish the Harvest, Monique and those two other girls are dead for real," Jane-Anna said, more tears spilling out of her eyes. Sophie steps toward her sister, and grabs her hands in determination.

"Look at me. You and I are gonna find a way to get Monique back. It'll be our little secret. We'll do it together. I'll seal off the cemetery from the vampires, find Davina, stop Marcel and finish the ritual once and for all. Even if I have to slit Davina's throat myself," Sophie promised.

Present

"Eight months ago, Sophie Deveraux and her sister Jane-Anne lost everything. Now, four months after that, a young pregnant girl wanders into their restaurant. Suddenly, all hope is renewed. Jane-Anne actually sacrificed her life so that her sister can use you to find Davina. If Sophie Deveraux is successful in capturing Davina, she can return Jane-Anne's daughter back to life. We thought we'd come here to wage a war for power. This is about family. In order to return her niece to life, Sophie Deveraux will fight to the death. That makes her more dangerous than anyone," Elijah says.

***

As they speak, Sophie kneels in front of Jane-Anne's grave at Lafayette Cemetery in the pouring rain, where she cries silently and stares at her family's gravestone. 

AHH! You guys! Thank you so much for 3K reads! I can not believe it. Literally, I'm shocked. I just want to say, that I'm so excited for you guys to continue to read. This was the end of  episode 5 but we're so close to the part that we've all been waiting for!