Chapter 4: Family Day Drama

Back in Chemistry, Lucas could hear Evie frantically going through her bag while he was focusing on his test.

"Looking for something?" Mr. Deley asked, holding up a small mirror. Evie quickly closed her bag and looked up at him. "Thank you, Chad." Mr. Deley continued, "It's gratifying to see someone here still respects the honor code. It will be my recommendation that you are expelled." Lucas had also looked up from his test and saw that Evie was now sending a harsh glare at Chad.

"Mr. Deley, I-" Evie started.

"That isn't fair." Lucas said, jumping in to her defense. "Obviously she wasn't cheating since she didn't have that... whatever it is."

"It's called a magic.." Evie starts.

"You're not helping, stop." Lucas kindly says to her before continuing. "Maybe she just needed another pencil."

"Actually, I was..."

"Really. Please don't help."

"Well, if you can pass this test, I'll return your property and let the matter drop." Mr. Deley says.

Evie gave him a thankful smile before sending another glare at Chad and returning to her test, and Lucas resumed his test as well.

Sometime later that day, Lucas was outside, looking over notes for one of his other classes, when Evie snuck up behind him. He didn't know she was there until her test was suddenly in front of him, showing a B+

"For the first time it's like I'm more than just a pretty face." She says.

"Surprising, right?" Lucas replied.

"You were pretty great in there." She tells him.

"So were you." He says.

"I bet I can get an 'A' on the next test without the mirror."

"I bet you can. Maybe we could... get together and study sometime."

"Yeah, let's get together."

"There you are!" Mal said as she approached them. "I have been looking for you literally everywhere!"

"What's wrong" Evie asked.

"Ben just asked me out on... a date." Mal said, whispering the last part.

"We can handle this." Evie says, "See you, Lucas."

"See you."

A few more days had passed, and Family Day arrived. A lot of the parents came to the school to spend time with their kids, and for Lucas, this was no exception. Almost as soon as he was outside, he saw his parents running over to him.

"Lucas! How are you?" Anna asked, hugging him.

"I'm fine, Mom." Lucas replied.

"Classes going well?" Kristoff asked.

"Yeah, great. There's a new girl I share Chemistry with. She's really cool."

"Really? Who is she?" Anna asked.

"Her name's Evie." Lucas answered. "She's really cool."

"I'd love to meet her." Anna says.

"So would I." Kristoff adds.

"Okay. I'll see if I can find her." Lucas says, leaving to find Evie with Mal and the others on the croquet field. "Hey, Evie."

"Hi Lucas." She says.

"You enjoying Family Day?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's really nice." She replies, looking around.

"Glad you like it." He says before suddenly getting nervous. "Speaking of which, my parents want to meet you."

"What?" Evie asked, surprised. "Are you sure? Do they know about..."

"I didn't tell them that. Just that we share Chem together."

"Okay. I guess it wouldn't hurt, right?"

"Yeah." Lucas replied before taking her hand and leading her over to Anna and Kristoff. "Mom, Dad, this is Evie. Evie, these are my parents."

"It's nice to meet you, Evie." Anna says.

"Nice to meet you too, Princess Anna." Evie replied.

"Oh, just Anna is fine." Anna tells her.

"Lucas told us you're new?" Kristoff asked.

"Yeah. I guess you could say I'm a transfer student." Evie replied.

They seemed to be getting along before they heard a loud voice drawing everyone's attention.

"You!" Queen Leah shouted at Mal, causing Evie and Lucas to run over. "How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?"

"Queen Leah, it's okay." Ben assures her, "Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal. Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?"

"A chance to what, Ben?" Leah asked, "Destroy us? Oh come on, you remember, don't you?" She asked Fairy Godmother, "The poison apples. And the spells. Spells. My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse." She said to Mal. "So her first words, her first steps, I missed it all!"

Mal tried to apologize, but Chad stopped her.

"You stay away from her!" Chad says.

"Don't do this, Chad." Ben tells him.

"What?" Chad asks, "They were raised by their parents, Ben. What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay. Uh-huh." He then started throwing insults at the VKs. "You stole another girl's boyfriend!" He told Mal.

"Hey!" Ben replied, but Chad kept going.

"You enjoy hurting people." He said to Jay. "And you," He added, glaring at Evie, "you're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater."

"That's enough!" Lucas told him.

Evie then held up her mirror. "Mirror, mirror, in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?" She asked it, revealing Chad's face. Chad knocked it away before Jay grabbed him by the jacket and Evie knocked him out with some perfume before the VKs ran off.

"You didn't tell us she was from the island." Anna said as Lucas walked back over to her and Kristoff.

"I don't care where she's from." Lucas said. "So what if she is? She's hardly been acting bad. I should go talk to her." He then ran off after the VKs, looking for them.