The noises seemed to still slightly, though Janette could sense that something wasn't right. That something was just outside that door. 

It felt like ages, her eyes wide and limbs shaking, as she stared at that door. Then, she heard a noise. A creek and a click, the door moving open with a slow creek. A brightness filled the room, moving from one object to another. The table, the walls, her tray of food by the door. 

Janette jumped up when the light hit her eyes, making them hurt. She covered her face with her hands, pressing her face into her knees as she heard something moving towards her. 

"Lord," a voice said, deep and a bit too loud than Janette was used to hearing from her memories, "there's a girl in here."

"Turn the light off," another voice said, sounding closer to her. Janette moved to the side of the bed, laying down and curling herself as tight as she could go. She pulled her hands away as the bright light died down slightly, but was still there. 

She could see two faces above her, though she couldn't make out anything else than their eyes and the shape of their faces. She stared up at them in awe, her mouth agape slightly. 

Were they the things that gave her food and clothing? 

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" one asked, his voice more quieter now and Janette relaxed slightly. She looked up at him, staring. She hadn't spoken in a long time, and she was searching for the word to say. 

Though, they acted before she could say anything. 

"Pick her up," the one near the end of the bed said, "we have to get her out of here."

Janette felt them grab her, she flinched at the contact trying to fight them off. But, they proved to be stronger and she was lifted off the bed. Instinctively, she protested at being lifted off the ground. With a yell, she bit down on the first thing she could get her teeth around. 

She bit down on something soft and tasted funny. Though, that didn't seem to stop the thing carrying her towards the open door. She felt fear rise up in her, but she was being held too tightly. She watched as they carried her out of the room, the darkness seemed to form into narrow walls. There were some stairs at the far end that she could see approaching quickly. 

Janette gripped the fabric of the shirt of the person that was carrying her as they climbed up the stairs. She watched with wide eyes as another door was in front of her, the person carrying her pushing it open. 

The outside was bright, blindingly so. Janette shoved her face into the shoulder of the person carrying her, closing her eyes tightly. Everything was too bright, she needed to get back into the darkness again. She felt a hand being placed on her back, Janette feeling that they were still moving. The noise was hitting her ears know, making her want to cover them. It was really hot, too. 

She wanted to get back into her silent and cold darkness, to crawl back into her bed and wait for food. 

"What did they do to her? She looks like an animal."

--

Janette found herself in another room, though it was very different than before. She sat in a chair, a woman picking through her hair and soaking it in some liquid that was cold to the touch. They dressed her in new clothing, a baggy shirt and pants. 

It had been days, and she hadn't muttered a word. 

The man that had taken her from her dark room, a young adult named Jeremy, sat across from her. He wore the same uniform that the other man did when they took her from the room, it was a colour that Janette wasn't used to and it had some metal things hung on his jacket. He smiled gently when he caught her looking at him, his eyes crinkling slightly that made Janette relax slightly.