Back To A Family

Magsimula sa umpisa

It was not very often Will said 'love you' she was lucky to get that, but Monica knew the emptiness of his words, there's a fine line between that and 'I love you' coming from anyone, though from Will it all held nothing.

Clearing her throat and standing to the side of the table closest to Chandler, Monica started to find her voice "I have something to tell you guys." Everyone at the table kept their eyes trained on Monica waiting for her to continue. "Well about a month ago I... Me and Will... we um." Clenching her eyes shut she let it seep into reality. "I'm pregnant. We are going to have a baby"

For what felt like eternity all fell silent, only the small buzz from the oven to be heard throughout the whole apartment. Then noise erupted out of nowhere in a burst of excitement and shock, mainly from Phoebe and Rachel who both leapt from their seats and pulled Monica into a hug. For the first time in months Monica found herself smiling and laughing at her friends, Chandler and Joey both hugged her once over the initial shock. Then came Ross.

"I'm happy for you as long as you're happy Mon" His jaw clenched in concentration, until the reassurance of his sister's nod Ross didn't relax.

Even through all the commotion, Jack and Judy made no movement, no reaction, at least one that no one could read. Monica told her friends about the scan, finding out and everything, Will helped with his side of the story too, but still nothing. Thinking it best to leave them for a while, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Will moved over to apartment 20, Ross stayed as it was his family, he may have to diffuse a situation.

Monica didn't quite know what to do or say, her stomach flipped, and her heart felt as though it was inbetween shattering and maybe finally being happy, it was all down to this moment.

"Mom? Dad?" She whispered desperation causing her voice to crack painfully. Judy lifts her head to see her daughter, still an unreadable emotion.

"Why Monica?" Judy asked simply. "Why him? You know it'll only end badly for you?" soon enough the woman's harsh words broke down Monica's walls, her eyes filling with tears quickly.
"It won't Mom, I'll be a good mom I've always wanted children and now I will. You will have a grandchild" Monica tried to yell, every last thread of hope immediately snapping.

"No! You won't Monica, you think you will, but you'll realise just how hard it is. That man doesn't love you, he never has, and he never will. Now you're tied to him, it'll mess up that baby's life" The harsher the words got, the more Monica cried and begged for it to stop. "You know what, I give up. No matter what I told you, you were always disobedient and turned out like this. Good Luck."

"Fine! I'm done trying to live up to your expectations, I thought at least this time you'd be happy. I guess not" Monica started with a shout, which broke down so much that it ended with more of murmur

With that Judy grabbed her purse, Jack silently following her, not daring to look up from the floor. Monica felt her mother's words cut into her over and over, repeating teasingly in her brain. Ross broke from his phase of utter shock at the increasing volume of his sister's cries, all she ever wanted was her mom, someone who looked out for her no matter what. All she got was another teacher looking down on her only ever pointing out mistakes or disagreeing with any choice she made.

Sitting back in a chair, Monica's eyes fixed on her slightly visible bump slowly stroking shapes through the material of her sweater.

"I promise I'll try, I'll be a good Mom, I'll do whatever it takes." Her words gave her no confidence, everything inside seemed to have ceased up, no coherent thoughts fitting together