Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Here we are guys. Our new home.." My dad spoke from the driver seat as he pull over in front of a new house and stop the car engine. My eyes held a long gaze at the new house my family and I were moving in. It's big but not that big just the right size like every houses on the street we just passed by. My family and I moved to Florida because my parents love this place and found a new home for us.

I was a little upset when I heard we had to move here because I am so used to my old school back then and now I have to be the "new kid" in the street and make new friends which I am not quite an expert at it. I have good friends back at home but I had to leave them. The moving truck soon arrive seconds later as I step out of the car I was in for very long, my butt is now cramping due to how long the ride was. Firstly we took the night flight to Florida and it was a long ride so you can imagine how much pain my butt is suffering now. 

"C'mon Jaezelle, help me with unloading these boxes. We have a lot of unpacking to do." My dad call over and I made my way towards the back of the truck where he stood. The movers then got out of the truck and help open up the back door where it kept all our things inside. We step on this metal platform and it elevate us to the back of the truck. It kind of reeks in here and I had to hide a cough while entering. One of the movers went over to grab a box then handing it to me, soon we were loading it on the platform thing and brought it back down so my mum and the other mover can help and put it inside the house.

Soon, we were almost done with moving the boxes inside. My dad thanked the movers and they drove away. My parents were already making their way inside the house and I was trailing behind them, slouching as I rub my eyes feeling tired after a long night or morning. I'm too jet lag to even know what is the time now.

As I carelessly sped up my pace towards my new house, I felt my feet bump into something hard causing me to trip and fall lying flat on my face but my hands were quick to support myself. Good thing I was wearing jeans if not I'll be having a bruise on my knees and that would suck. 

"Are you okay?" I heard a male voice from behind me spoke. I startled a little. I heard footsteps rushing over to me and came kneeling down to help me. "I have never seen you before. Are you new here?" His voice was kind and sweet. He stuck out a hand for me to grab and I gladly took it with mine and he pulled me up.

I brushed off my palms together to get off the dirt that stuck on my palms. After dusting dirt off my jeans, I turn to look up at the kind young stranger who helped me.

He had blonde hair that was cut almost like the Bieber haircut except it was much better than that of course. Blue eyes so captivating that resembles the deep blue ocean and an amazing cute smile showing off his perfectly pearly white teeth all straight. He looked older than me, that's for sure and no doubt he probably has a girlfriend by his amazing looks and even better, his personality.

My cheeks heat up a little as I realise I was staring at him for a little too long now. "I'm fine." I mumble but it was clear enough for him to hear it. "And yeah I just move in here today." I use my hands to gesture behind me at the new house I am living in from today and forever.

"Oh so you're the new family that is moving in! Hey, my name is Connor. What's yours?" He asked holding out the same hand I had took not too long ago. I took his hand and gave a firm shake before pulling back my hand to my sides. 

"Nice to meet you, Connor. I'm Jaezelle," I greeted, giving him a small smile. Then by the door I could see my mum spying on me and I knew she would be questioning me once I get inside.

Turning back my attention to Connor, I said, "Uhm, I have to get back inside. My parents would probably be needing my help. I'll see you around." I gave him a quick smile before leaving him alone and entering my new home. I didn't wait for a reply from him as I had already shut the door behind me. I am not good around boys, especially making friends with them. I always had a fear of talking to them. Maybe it's because I was scared they would judge me on how I look and what they think of me, that is why I don't have many guy friends back home. 

My mum walk in and interrupt my thoughts, "What took you so long, Jaezelle?" I jerk myself awake and look at my mum confusingly. "Who was that boy you were talking to just now?" 

Shaking my head I said, "Huh? Oh I accidentally tripped over and that boy came and helped me. He lives somewhere around the neighbourhood." 

She raised an brow up and a questioning looked was plastered on her face. "Ok then, well, go and check out your new room because I'm sure you'll like it!" She ushered me upstairs as I hurriedly jog up but almost twisted my ankle. I swear I am having a bad day today.

I remember recalling my mum saying that my room was the third door to the right during our car ride journey to our new house. So I followed her words and made my way to the door. It was painted in white like any other doors in the house and has this wood texture effect to it. Placing my hand firmly on the doorknob, I push it open revealing an empty space room. 

It was nice and big, actually bigger than my old room. I left the door open as I let myself into my new room. Two windows were build in the left side of the wall and it showcase the backyard of the house. Then turning to my left again, there were two doors right beside each other. I went over to one of the doors and open it to see that it was a closet. It isn't that big but the perfect size for me to store in my clothes, well, hopefully it can. I then went to check the other door which was another closet, this time it was was much more spacious and enough room. Wow, two closets? I guess this house is not that bad after all. 

_____________________________________________________________________

AN: hey guys! so this is a short story that I am working on for a good reader of mine and I think she deserves it :) and if any of you guys are wondering whether or not this is a sequel or something along those lines that connects with my previous BYE story called 'Angels Cry' *coughs* which you should read it *coughs* and my answer is no. It is not related to anything with that book and I just want to clear things up before any of you get a wrong idea. This is just a short story I am writing which I am also probably going to be editing it and adding more to each chapter so this is kind of like a daft first.

But anyway I hope you like chapter 1, please give it a vote and comment down stuff of how I can improve my story more :) thanks and much love,

-Emilyxx